Using fs x6b with pwm output(connecting servos to it)

hdodevski

Greetings all.
I have a question. I want to be able to use the x6b reciever on a plane and that would require a pwm output for the servos. The reason behind this is that i would like a telemetry reading(which the x6b has integrated) and i would like a smaller setup, since the ia6b and ia10b are quite bulky, and require the external flysky voltage sensor( FS CVT01). Now if i connect the signal wires of the servos to the reciever, i would still need to power them from another 5v source, and this seems like too much of a hassle for me( i would probably need a pdb, no?). The other option is by using a ppm/sbus to pwm converter which seems much more convenient, and i wanted to ask if anyone has already tried that option and if it worked for you? I will post pictures of the converter as well. Also open to any other suggestions and ideas.
Cheers.

Attachments

• -3520752062006116364.jpg
    -3520752062006116364.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 0
  • -572444564729372747.jpg
    -572444564729372747.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 0

Foamforce

I’ve heard of people removing the plastic case to make the ia6b a lot smaller.

Also, if you’re good at soldering, there’s a hardware hack that can add battery voltage telemetry to the ia6b without using the external sensor. The ia6b already has an internal voltage sensor that reports the 5v BEC voltage back to the transmitter. The hack involves changing the wiring slightly so that the internal voltage sensor reads from the battery instead. Fwiw, I tried doing this but couldn’t do it because I didn’t have the soldering skills to solder something so tiny, but lots of other people seem to be able to do it.

hdodevski

I haven't used a converter but my buddy has and it seems pretty straightforward
Does it work without any problems?
I’ve heard of people removing the plastic case to make the ia6b a lot smaller.

Also, if you’re good at soldering, there’s a hardware hack that can add battery voltage telemetry to the ia6b without using the external sensor. The ia6b already has an internal voltage sensor that reports the 5v BEC voltage back to the transmitter. The hack involves changing the wiring slightly so that the internal voltage sensor reads from the battery instead. Fwiw, I tried doing this but couldn’t do it because I didn’t have the soldering skills to solder something so tiny, but lots of other people seem to be able to do it.

I have managed to do a version of this mod, killing one ia6b in the process, although I've never managed to get a reading of a 4s battery. But you're probably right, it would be lighter than way. 🙂

Foamforce

I have managed to do a version of this mod, killing one ia6b in the process, although I've never managed to get a reading of a 4s battery. But you're probably right, it would be lighter than way. 🙂

I was surprised that I didn’t kill mine when I tried. I applied too much heat and accidentally removed the microscopic surface mount resistor that I was supposed to solder a wire to. I gave up on the project and tried to see if the receiver still worked and to my surprise it did. The only thing was that it changed the internal voltage reading from 5v to about 9v. 😂 I have a better soldering iron now, so I’m thinking of trying again.

hdodevski

I was surprised that I didn’t kill mine when I tried. I applied too much heat and accidentally removed the microscopic surface mount resistor that I was supposed to solder a wire to. I gave up on the project and tried to see if the receiver still worked and to my surprise it did. The only thing was that it changed the internal voltage reading from 5v to about 9v. 😂 I have a better soldering iron now, so I’m thinking of trying again.
Wishing you ease this time. Here is a nice version of the mod, although he does it on a ia6, so im not sure if it worked work on ia6b.