Solved V-900 on a 2200 4 cell rather than an 1800 4 cell

Mavic3939

Just wondering if there would be any issue with swapping a 1800 4 cell with a 2200 4 cell. This is on the V-900 from horizon hobby.

evranch

Only thing that really matters when swapping batteries for larger ones is that you check your CG. It's hard to add enough battery weight to make a plane unflyable unless you go way overboard.

Yoshio

i flew my V900 yesterday with a LiHV 4S-2400mah. went like a rocket!

laters,

me :cool:
Wow, that sounds great! Probably you can give some advice! I ordered V900 together with 2200 3S and 2200 4S. I was concerned if that's a good idea since producer recommends 1800 3/4s and mentions 2200 3s only in "optional parts list". So you had no problems? Did you check/modify anything else than CG?

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
Wow, that sounds great! Probably you can give some advice! I ordered V900 together with 2200 3S and 2200 4S. I was concerned if that's a good idea since producer recommends 1800 3/4s and mentions 2200 3s only in "optional parts list". So you had no problems? Did you check/modify anything else than CG?

nope. this plane screams. no changes to CG using larger battery, same balance point. i bungee launch and get 3 solid, fast mins without issues. the sound it makes is amazing.

Yoshio

nope. this plane screams. no changes to CG using larger battery, same balance point. i bungee launch and get 3 solid, fast mins without issues. the sound it makes is amazing.

Crazy! I am really afraid of the maiden flight. Just some minutes ago I turned on the V900 the first time. With the 2200 4S. Boaaahhhh. Probably I'll ask a more experienced pilot to teach me how to handle this beast.