I dont have any foam board right now(i need to replenish my supply) or any propellers, motors, any jet system, any actuators, or any skill/tools required to make precise cuts to make any aircraft right now(I am new to making rc planes(all ready cut my finger badly, had to get 2 stitches but that was because i was cutting a circular object with the straight cutter pointing towards my finger so my bad) so I only have limited experience and dont have any actuators, any tools that help me make precision cuts, or any motors), but I wonder if there is a way to make a v1 buzz bomb/doodlebug with rc parts. And the thing that makes it harder to do is that the roll and pitch axis on the v1 rocket is on the horizontal stabilizers and thus the ailerons are not on the "primary" wings. Thus makes it very hard to connect the wires to have correct controls.

leaded50

Legendary member
the V1 is quite as "any other plane".. wings, and stabilizers. About the ailerons, its just to set up as a "delta wing" with two parted stabilizer, with ailerons/ elevator To make the V1 scale can be more difficult in eg. flying, because the smaller wings.

Last edited:

quorneng

Master member
On a purely historical note the V-1 had no roll control at all, just elevator and rudder. It could do this because it only had to fly straight. If dislodged from its flight path by very much at all it could not self right and would crash.

If you are seriously thinking of building an RC version I would strongly suggest fitting conventional ailerons as to just stay in view you will need to do manoeuvres far beyond anything the full size V-1 could do.

I built mine as the US version the Republic JB2. You can hardly see the ailerons. It flew very well.
Complete2.JPG

Last edited:
flew.. you either crashed it by accident and that is a picture before the crash or you actually made it into a bomb

quorneng

Master member
Ha! No bomb.
It lasted just over 6 years (2013 to 2019) with just a few minor scrapes but in August 2019 a control failure resulted in a serious 'cartwheel' type crash. the sheer degree of damage meant it was beyond repair.
A video of it flying soon after it was completed in June 2013.

Midnight_Builds

Ha! No bomb.
It lasted just over 6 years (2013 to 2019) with just a few minor scrapes but in August 2019 a control failure resulted in a serious 'cartwheel' type crash. the sheer degree of damage meant it was beyond repair.
A video of it flying soon after it was completed in June 2013.
Dude, this is bad@$$!!!

quorneng

Master member
Of course if you really want to try something difficult how about a V-2 or rather the A4b which was a V-2 with wings.
Two were test flown in 1945. The objext was to increase the range so London could be attacked from launch sites inside Germany.
06May18.JPG

Very light Depron construction and a 70 mm EDF.
The VTO is always a bit tense but it flies really well and is midly aerobatic.