VAS Ghost 22" Twin Boom Plane

jross

Been thinking about this plane since I saw it. Gonna buy one. Forty five USD. Cheap. Being I'm in Canada, it's the shipping/customs that will kill me. IBCrazy is a brainiac/nerd/scientist/weirdo. So I'm looking forward to seeing and flying it. He's a thinker and I'm sure he's thought this thing through backwards and forwards. Like Chris Klick. It's gonna fly much better than average and surprise you.
vas-ghost.jpg
You know what happens next in my brain, right? Can it be built from foam board? Guessing the answer is yes.

Could be a perfect job for the Rubber Band Man, @FAI-F1D. But he's busy being a Speed Deamon. Regardless, some familiar and new build techniques in this video. A sub 250 gram FPV rig.

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Cool plane. You might want to take a look at the Koala that @Baby Brit designed when it becomes available. I'm finishing up the plans for it. Very similar layout, and an easy foam board build.

jross

Cool plane. You might want to take a look at the Koala that @Baby Brit designed when it becomes available. I'm finishing up the plans for it. Very similar layout, and an easy foam board build.
Let us know when the plans are done. I did a search and couldn't find any reference to it. Love the idea of homebuilt micros.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I recently picked up one of these kits and will be giving it a go! Haven't decided on electronics yet.... Will probably make it a Tri-motor, cuz yeah, I like TRIs.... Bag is just a bunch of white foam parts, so I'll be adding some Sharpie Coloring to make it more interesting. Have plenty of Foam-Tac and E6000 on hand for the majority of the gluing. May use Hot glue for the booms.
try.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Got the pens out and painted it up a bit. Have the majority of the wing glued together with the main spars top/bottom. Just need to add the spars in the center. Trimmed the sides of the ailerons and elevator so they don't rub, or get glued.
Ghost.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Started working on the booms last night. Got them glued to the verticals and mocked it up to the wing. Was digging through my tube full of carbon rods/tubes when looking for a spar for the 3D foamie next to it, and found what I need for the recommended extra reinforcement on the Ghost too.
VasGhost.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

jross

Started working on the booms last night.
Lookin' good. Need to wait a bit for the bank account to refill but when it does, I'm ordering one plus the motors etc. I don't have any small stuff appropriate for this plane. Probably won't get built until fall so interested in how yours goes. Too many planes in front of it to build! Thanks for kicking my butt into action!