Venom Power VP Sidewinder Build Off

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Venom Power is having a build off with prizes for 1st, 2nd, and third place. Build my new design, the VP SideWinder, decorate it in your own unique way and have a chance to win some cool prizes, including a Venom Pro Duo charger.

*The competition is open to residents of the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico only.

If you're not on Facebook, here are the links to the plans and instructions:

Build Instructions: https://bit.ly/372Kb3h
Build Plans: https://bit.ly/2QhtWJG
I will be posting the plans in all the usual formats here on the FT Resources page soon.​
If you're on Facebook...
Follow this link for the Facebook announcement post:
Here is the direct link for the rules, prizes, and contest submissions: https://woobox.com/s9eq82

I can't thank Venom Power enough for sponsoring the design of the SideWinder and hosting the build off. Good luck everyone!

1574371582143.png

Last edited:

Javiester

Elite member
Dear friend
I'm going to change your wonderful XF Bloody Brit, which with European foam is a bit heavy
for your new design
I will post photos
Thank you for your work

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
For those of you who have built one already...make sure you enter it in the contest for a chance to win some cool Venom gear.

We are very excited to announce the Venom Power VP Sidewinder Build Off!!!
If you are a scratch builder or aspire to be one, this is the contest for you. The build submissions that receive the most votes win, so let your imagination run wild. That's right we said submissions. For this build off we have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes.
Not into scratch building, thats okay. Spectators can participate too. Just follow along and vote for your favorite build submission.
Visit the Build Off Pre-Start Page for details about the build off and links to VP Sidewinder plans and building instructions:
Please note, the build off will go live on Friday, November 22nd at 10:00 AM Pacific Time. You can enter your build anytime between then and 10:00 AM Pacific Time on Wednesday, January 22nd. Please help spread the word.
Good luck and happy building everybody.
Thanks again to Dan Sponholz for making the VP Sidewinder a reality.

For those of you who have not built one yet...you still have 2 weeks to build one and enter. What are you waiting for?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Hey @SP0NZ I have an emergency! I entered the build off contest with the wrong picture. Is there a way to change it? I tried going back in and couldn't figure it out. With no way to view it before hitting enter I didn't realize my mistake till it was to late. Is there anything you could do to help me out?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hey @SP0NZ I have an emergency! I entered the build off contest with the wrong picture. Is there a way to change it? I tried going back in and couldn't figure it out. With no way to view it before hitting enter I didn't realize my mistake till it was to late. Is there anything you could do to help me out?
@BATTLEAXE I will forward your info on to my contact at Venom and see if there is anything that can be done.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
@BATTLEAXE I will forward your info on to my contact at Venom and see if there is anything that can be done.
I am not stressing it to much but it would be nice to have it changed if I don't lose any votes. I just have to work twice as hard to promote it now, which will make it worth it to win something. I will say I freaked out when I saw it, maybe next time there should be a way to view before you post it up, or maybe I should have just payed better attention. Is there a waiting period to build up votes after the 22nd of January or are the votes finalized at that point? Thanks for your time and effort

Last edited: