Versa Twin

Arcfyre

Elite member
So this project came about mostly because I had two matching motors laying around, and I figured I may as well use them. It's a stock versa wing, with two mini power pods attached under the nose in front. The underbelly pod has been adapted slightly in that it's permanent and used for battery storage while flying. Motors are turnigy 2205-2600 kv spinning 3 bladed 5051 props.

This thing flies so sweetly and balances well with a 2200 mAh 3S in the pod. I can kill one motor in flight and easily maintain control, no bad tendencies. All in all this is rapidly becoming my new favorite bird to grab and go!

20191020_135642.jpg
20191020_135611.jpg
20191020_135622.jpg
20191020_135554.jpg

FastCrash45

Elite member
So this project came about mostly because I had two matching motors laying around, and I figured I may as well use them. It's a stock versa wing, with two mini power pods attached under the nose in front. The underbelly pod has been adapted slightly in that it's permanent and used for battery storage while flying. Motors are turnigy 2205-2600 kv spinning 3 bladed 5051 props.

This thing flies so sweetly and balances well with a 2200 mAh 3S in the pod. I can kill one motor in flight and easily maintain control, no bad tendencies. All in all this is rapidly becoming my new favorite bird to grab and go!

View attachment 145901 View attachment 145902 View attachment 145903 View attachment 145904
Once again, an excellent build. Happy flying!!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

View attachment 145901 View attachment 145902 View attachment 145903 View attachment 145904
Great idea!

Arcfyre

Elite member
@mayan Here you go buddy. This was the maiden flight, so the first two minutes are me trimming it out and testing the differential thrust. At 2:05 I hit the throttle, and at 2:40 you have your flyby. I suggest you turn your volume down though, as the harmonic resonance of the two motors makes it sound like something out of Star Wars, lol.

mayan

Legendary member
@mayan Here you go buddy. This was the maiden flight, so the first two minutes are me trimming it out and testing the differential thrust. At 2:05 I hit the throttle, and at 2:40 you have your flyby. I suggest you turn your volume down though, as the harmonic resonance of the two motors makes it sound like something out of Star Wars, lol.

Loved it! Thank you for it. You know what I have waiting delivery?
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/KWTGF0DK