VersaCopter 280 standard setup, PID

Ludodg

Some more test-results

yesterday I flashed Cleanflight 1.11 to the naze and went out flying.
I used profile 2, luxfloat, standard settings.
My versacopter stayed the same except for the outside-mounting of the two antenna's of my R8-receiver and an Immersion FPV-set.
The versacopter flew very stable.
When trying Angle and Horizon however the quad was very wobbly. Acro was very nice.

Today I flashed Betaflight 2.20
again Luxfload-profile, standard pid-settings
The quad stayed wobbly when trying ANgle and Horizon-mode ... but also in Acro I experienced some wobbles.
I was mostly flying LOS and hovering, gently flying around a field. I am far from speed-ready!.

I think I will give the Betaflight-software another chance, will try out the GTUNE-function and see if I can get the behaviour better and stable. If not, I'll go back to cleanflight 1.11.

Also, I wanted to see if I could be able to link to the ESC-software and enable Oneshot on the EMAX BLHeli 12A-ESC's that came in the Powerpack E... but I was not.
it seems these esc's miss the BLHeli-bootloader.

!! When tinkering with the cleanflight and betaflight-software, as I was configurate the copter, I experienced the problem dat suddenly the 4 motors began spinning, having nothing to do with being armed or not. Sometimes the spinning was at a very high rev ... and unstoppable except when diconnecting the battery. I figured out that this very probably had to do with me enabling Oneshot in the configuration because as soon as I disabled this function, I no longer experienced this problem.

Pitty though. I would really like to find out what and how the Oneshot-function improves flying.

MototechRyan

Wannabe Jedi
I've never experienced the motors start spinning when enabling oneshot with the emax 12a blheli esc's. But when I do enable it with them, they will not work. Not sure what the correct terminology for it would be, but when I plug in the battery they give two quick beeps and will not respond to any inputs. So I pretty much gave up on oneshot with these esc's but have ordered the programing card from emax.

I ordered it the first week of November and noticed last week it was still in the "in process" status. So I emailed emax customer service and they shipped one out the next day. Not sure if the program card will allow me to update the esc firmware but I know it will make it easier to change settings and stuff. Will report back when I get some more details but that could be a month or more with how shipping from China goes.

With Betaflight, trying both Luxfloat and Multiwii rewrite stock PIDS I've been pretty happy feeling like my Versacopter is pretty locked in. Only felt the need to up the pitch, roll, and yaw rates. My apologies to Dr. Jekyll for not posting my PIDS. I was hoping I'd have the time to do some tuning either with autotune or manually and have some results to post. Only been using stock PIDS thus far and have been really busy lately trying to squeak in time to work on my multiple quad builds while still be a responsible dad. Promise to post my PIDS when I get some time to tune and fly.

Have you guys seen this youtube video. It short and simple, but it's really helped me when trying to understand why my quad is acting a certain way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtocGBngSrA&index=1&list=WL

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I believe if you're all looking to enable oneshot, you still need to reflash your ESC's. They are oneshot compatible, but not setup for that by default from what I understand. Personally, I wouldn't bother until I'm more of an expert MR pilot.