versacopter

bamabuggy

I got a versa copter from flight test was needing info on the electronic parts I need to build it was told by customer service that they discontinued this copter and the power pack e which is what it needs to fly so just needing some more info on what other Motors ecu's flight controllers and everything I needed build this quad

FDS

Elite member
In that case you could get any stuff you like for the frame. I am building a 250 size quad for the first time, I looked at build videos on YouTube. Painless 360, Drone Mesh, lots of people have builds. This one has good links for everything in it and is not hard to set up. You can buy the parts in blocks, I went for FC (all in one) and ESC’s first, plus the wires and plugs for the camera and VTX, then motors, then a receiver. You can buy the camera and VTX at the end since you can fly LOS to begin with. You can get a $15 receiver to turn a smartphone or tablet into a screen for FPV if you don’t want to buy goggles to start with.
Mr Steele has a good series on how to get started in FPV, although he has a seriously expensive approach. He runs through setting up a sim which is worth looking at. If you buy a Jumper T12 TX the set up is the same but it’s under $100.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The original power pack E came with 2204 2300kV motors and 20A ESC's. I'd recommend 2205 or 2206 motors around 2000-2200kV and 30A ESC's, that will allow you to run 3s or 4s batteries. For a FC I would go with an JBF4, CL Racing F4 or Omnibus F4, as the F3's are on the chopping block for Betaflight support, the F1's (like Naze32) were dropped quite awhile ago.

skymaster

Elite member
I would suggest that if you are just starting to learn i would buy a small one like a tiny woop or one that will not hurt you. i have two micro quads and i can not say of how many times i lost control and ended up with them hitting me. i do not want to imagine getting hit with a 5 inch prop. start slow and have fun. just my opinion .

bamabuggy

thanks i had a propel junk one it never would fly right took it back orded one from bang good x220s hope its better to learn on so we will see i will be i have had a lot of RC trucks and ive built some mini buggys with sport bike motors so trying to get into this to see what is about

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
is the 4 in 1 ecu ok or 4 ecu s better

The main disadvantage to a 4 in 1 is that if one dies, you pretty much need to replace all 4. You can always run a separate one with your (now) 3 in 1 but that's messy ;) There is tons of room on the versa for separate ESC's.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
I went with separate ESC’s for that reason. These are worth a look, the ESC’s are very low noise ones and the FC is an AIO F4, so all ready to hook up, no need for a PDB. The only downside is they don’t do 6s.

bamabuggy

So the power distribution bord that I think the bottom of the drone not used and what's a 6s sorry don't know anything about this stuff but willing to learn

Last edited:

FDS

Elite member
If you have a PDB then you can have a non all in one Flight Controller (fc). 6s is six cell lipo. If you look at any of the ESC’s mentioned in the Drone Mesh build video they will work well with any flight controller and the Hakrc ESC’s can be bought separately. If you buy an all in one then you can remove the PDB from the frame and not use it.
If you have a PDB be sure to space the FC with standoffs so it’s out the way a bit. Rubber mounts for the FC are useful too, since they keep vibration away from the gyros.

Last edited:

bamabuggy

The PDB is part of the frame

Attachments

• 155208668304541229.jpg
    155208668304541229.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
There is a PDB in the top plate, but it doesn't come with a regulator (BEC). All of the FC's I mentioned above can run off of battery voltage and have regulators for FPV gear.

bamabuggy

so i get a FC run power to the PDB then to the FC the ESC will connect to the FC then a receiver and FPV gear