Very Newbie!

CraigPMiller

There's about $1.60 in change tucked into the nose. 😁😃

Attachments

• FT-MiniTiniTrainer06.jpg
    FT-MiniTiniTrainer06.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 0

Seahunter

Great choice, if it lawn darts in, that will get you a coffee or soda to plan a rebuild or upgrade, got a radio for her yet? That air frame can do so many things. I crunched mine, but still fly the wings and tail feathers, see my what to do with a tiny trainer wing thread. Nice job!! :D

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Yes. I'm working with two blade types, but getting the cuts square is still tricky.
Practice. Practice. Practice.
(But i don't want to go to Carnegie Hall! :D )

Yep - practice makes perfect - but I also try to hear Josh's voice in my head (from the earlier videos) where he would always say "It doesn't have to be perfect". Don't worry about slight imperfections - your build (and repair) skills will develop along with your flying skills.

DamoRC

CraigPMiller

DamoRC, Seahunter, JamesonOKC
Thanks for your support.
Did my first chuck this morning.
Broke it on my first throw! :D - just the little tab that pulls up the fwd compartment. No real harm.
Needed more oomph!
Flies like a dream - much better than I feared - all those little imperfections! :) :D

I don't have an engine or a transmitter... yet.
I want to hook it up to a simulator to practice before trying a real sky. :)

Will probably buy the FT powerpack A from the team. Not sure of the local (NSW Australia) suppliers and as it's my first I want to make it as easy as possible.

I live Merimbula, a rural town in the southeast corner so everything has to be delivered.
Merimbula has an airport with restricted airspace all around so I'll have to fly a powered plane elsewhere. Great watching the light planes buzz in and out all day. :)
Cheers

JamesonOKC

Just remember to enjoy the journey. If you can find joy in the process, your love for the hobby does not depend on the success of the plane you are building. It took me a few times getting upset about crashes to realize that without crashes I would not have anything to work on or improve in my building techniques.

CraigPMiller

Just remember to enjoy the journey. If you can find joy in the process, your love for the hobby does not depend on the success of the plane you are building. It took me a few times getting upset about crashes to realize that without crashes I would not have anything to work on or improve in my building techniques.
I'm so sure I'm gonna stack my bird badly the first time up. :(:oops:o_O:sick::)
I've been trying PicaSim but without a controller. So hard to control. I really don't like trying to fly bank and yank. very difficult to fly straight an level let alone turn in the direction I want. :) :D