Victor Valley RC Flyers, Hesperia, California?

Hoomi

Master member
We're heading out to California this coming weekend (July 29th - August 1st), staying at Hesperia Lakes, and noticed the Victor Valley club field is very close to where we'll be staying. Anyone here fly with this club? I'm considering packing a couple of planes to take along, and possibly getting out to fly on Friday morning.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
We're heading out to California this coming weekend (July 29th - August 1st), staying at Hesperia Lakes, and noticed the Victor Valley club field is very close to where we'll be staying. Anyone here fly with this club? I'm considering packing a couple of planes to take along, and possibly getting out to fly on Friday morning.

Haven't flown there before - it's about an hour and a half to 2 hours north of me. Expect it to be HOT, though. Hesperia/Apple Valley is high desert, and not exactly known for great summer weather.

Kind of a bummer that you're not further south, or I'd invite you to come out and fly at my field!

Hoomi

Master member
We actually lived near Hesperia, in a little town called Phelan, for ten years before moving to Tucson. My aunt lives in Phelan now, and my grandmother is living with her. We're going to a 100th birthday party for my grandmother on Saturday (main reason for the trip).

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
We actually lived near Hesperia, in a little town called Phelan, for ten years before moving to Tucson. My aunt lives in Phelan now, and my grandmother is living with her. We're going to a 100th birthday party for my grandmother on Saturday (main reason for the trip).

LOL ok, so you know what it's like then. :) I had a girlfriend who went up to Apple Valley and Hesperia every summer for a month...Found out later it was so she could do illegal things up there, but that's another story. I went to pick her up one year and it was 106 outside. I vowed then that I would never live out there!!!