Video editing software

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Hey you people...can anyone help with some information on how to get hold of some free
shareware videoediting software I cant get to grips with windows movie maker I was using
videopad video editor but me free14 days has run out....Obviously it has to be freeware and all above board.......Thanks

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
I have never used it, but apparently VirtualDub is a very respectable editor. it might be a bit advanced, but that's half the fun of video editing ;)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I downloaded Adobe Premiere, but my computer does not live up to the specs of this monster... :(

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I have never used it, but apparently VirtualDub is a very respectable editor. it might be a bit advanced, but that's half the fun of video editing ;)

So you define fun as a nice feeling while you get frustrated because not being able to use the software ?!
LOL :D

RcThrasher

I use adobe premiere, its complicated but its pretty awesome with twixtor. There is a method of getting it free...

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Man lately I've been so slack. I've been filming and editing most of my videos directly on the iPhone. But when I have have to use something really its normally either Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut or iMovie

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I think that iMovie is the best program to go for because it is just so intuitive! It doesn´t need any practice and that is the major advantage with that one. I don´t know about te other two though you mentioned.

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
There's a free special effects/video editor called Wax....it's a little complicated but you can do things like green screen and stuff. And, the "spoiler" that colorex said works....

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
I think he asked for a free video editor... just saying...I dont mean to rain on everyones parade, but i dont think we should discuss how to get stuff, if you catch my drift. FT could get into some trouble.
However if money doesn't matter, than i'd go for sony vegas, they just came out with the number 11, seems quite interesting. anyway, first use vegas 9 trail for 30 days, then 10 and then 11, there you go, 3 months of free and legal video editing, and by that time its time to re install windows anyways and you can restart the grand scheme.
or just buy it.
or use virtualdub, it has a lot of the plugins that make it Epic.

John Campbell

I use Pinnacle Studio. The latest version will edit in HD and works great. It is not free, but it is not too expensive either. If you edit HD, you need some computer horse power, older computers won't drive HD Editing in most cases.

John

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Just started learning Adobe Premiere 3 (My computer won't keep up with CS5.5)
I'll release something soon!

John Campbell

Just started learning Adobe Premiere 3 (My computer won't keep up with CS5.5)
I'll release something soon!

Adobe Premere is great software, used to use it, the only problem with it is it is Bulky and very complicated. I find personally I do just as well with Pinnacle Studio and it is a lot cheaper, and if you look in the right places, you may find it for free, but I am not going there.