Video games and other things to pass the time!

Namactual

Elite member
I spend some time PC gaming. Not as much as I used to, but still do. I found I do not have time to play the long RPG games I really enjoy, but I have filled that void with VR.

I am currently hooked on Worlds at War VR with the full HOTAS and Pedals setup. It is the closest I will ever get to flying a real A-10, AH-64 or an SU-35. During an alien invasion no less.:love:

messyhead

Recently building planes has been my break from playing video games 😂

I've been liking rpgs recently. Started Baldurs Gate on the pc as I never got round to finishing it first time round, and it has been in my GoG library for years. I've also been playing Witcher 3 on the Ps4, or Elite Dangerous.

Other than that, I've been trying to relearn guitar for a while. I used to play a bit when I was younger then stopped.

Namactual

Elite member
I have started and not finished Baldurs Gate probably 5 times now. I bought the enhanced edition a while back with the intention of completing it one day. I just have not had the time. I love that style of game though. Fallout 1 and 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Wasteland 1 and 2. (a lot of great games where made in pairs I guess)

The graphics may not have been much in those days, but the story and gameplay more than made up for it.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Here lately for me I have been doing a lot of guitar, outdoor cleanup (Had a tornado come through last week, just a small one though. Tore the roof off our chicken coop and destroyed my grandfather’s fishing cabin and left a few trees on the fence.) and also I have been learning to flint-knap (with glass, so it’s really glass-knapping).
Other than that I have been watching @SquirrelTail , @Grifflyer and @The Hangar insult each other 😂, it’s quite amusing.

OliverW

Legendary member
Here lately for me I have been doing a lot of guitar, outdoor cleanup (Had a tornado come through last week, just a small one though. Tore the roof off our chicken coop and destroyed my grandfather’s fishing cabin and left a few trees on the fence.) and also I have been learning to flint-knap (with glass, so it’s really glass-knapping).
Other than that I have been watching @SquirrelTail , @Grifflyer and @The Hangar insult each other 😂, it’s quite amusing.
😂😂

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Haha :ROFLMAO:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I have started and not finished Baldurs Gate probably 5 times now. I bought the enhanced edition a while back with the intention of completing it one day. I just have not had the time. I love that style of game though. Fallout 1 and 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Wasteland 1 and 2. (a lot of great games where made in pairs I guess)

The graphics may not have been much in those days, but the story and gameplay more than made up for it.

And Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age and Skyrim.

Skyrim VR with a few mods is the shiznit and unlike the others, it's a workout if you make the fights hard.

Liam B

As of recent, I bought RealFlight 9 but if we're talking non-plane related, it's Forza Horizon 4 on PC.

Other pastimes include guitar (don't ask me about my Fender collection), and working on my car, a 2013 Scion FR-S. Trying to squeeze more HP out of a 4cyl 2.0l boxer is a very time consuming activity.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I try to engage in self-education. but games and TV shows attract more - the brain loves them more

Doom will always have a place in my collection. There are just some times when I need to casually shoot demons with a BFG.

But then there is Kerbal Space Program. I love flight sims but KSP lets me build it and then try to fly it.

As we all know, there is something special about crashing something I myself built. Yes it's virtual so there is an undo button. It's not the real thing. But it is legal and you can crash on Duna (Mars), IF you can manage to get there.

KSP teaches the basics of flight and orbital mechanics. It's good enough that NASA partnered with SQUAD (dev company that built KSP) a few years back.

I have Skyrim on the Ps4 but never played it much.
If you like hack and slash, play as a fighter or mage and make the fights easy in the options. If you like strategy, play as a thief and make the fighting hard in the options and with the mod.

I am currently playing as a thief. I married a very shady lady who runs an inn/brothel so no matter what I do, I still get paid. I still plunder ruins and battle dragons. I just have to hire a heavy or two and play a MUCH subtler game because just about anything can kill me in a fair fight.

To me TV is pretty boring. I like things that make me learn, think, experiment and progress. It's why I love build/fly/crash and only use Youtube for music or tutorials.

Namactual

Elite member
Doom will always have a place in my collection. There are just some times when I need to casually shoot demons with a BFG.
I do the same thing with the old school arena shooters, Quake III and the original Unreal Tournament. Make a random map playlist and just unwind fragging bots.

I do the YouTube music as well, but they have been getting absolutely ridiculous with the ads lately. I usually try not to use ad blockers to support channels I like, but I may just have to use one. The ads are getting out of control.

tauromesa

This thread is about all your favorite pastime when you can’t fly or build... I like to play video games and design lightsabers and crap like that.

Good question. I'd say reading, as it relaxes me a lot, but I'm a promiscuous reader, so I can't just pick a book and finish it. Kinda have to read something, and read something else to wait it out lol. Been pretty enthusiastic about cosmic horror lately (thank you, H.P. Lovecraft) and thus, have been trying to find references in other media aside from literature. So far I've had good experiences with a couple movies: Color out of space (with Nicolas Cage, which is nuts) and The Void (which I think you can find in Netflix). Aside from that, had the chance to revisit Bloodborne (part of the Dark Souls saga) and Legacy of Kain (and oooooooldschool saga that spanned games from PS1 to PS2).

And also, because I can't enjoy outdoors for a while I guess, I've been trying to exercise a decent amount while inside. Can't say I'm in the apex of fun, but I'm not as affected by confinement as I thought I would be.

PD: Building lightsabers sounds pretty fun. You're pretty much a Jedi Blacksmith lol