Video games and other things to pass the time!

Namactual

Elite member
What headset do you use??
I have the original Oculus Rift. The HOTAS I use is the Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Control Stick, TWCS Throttle and TFRP pedals.

I have Ultrawings as well. I have only played Ultrawings with the Rift controllers though which is the thing I do not care for. It just does not have the same feel without the HOTAS. Although, the downside of the HOTAS is getting everything programmed and talking to each other nicely. That can be frustrating at times. Not to mention the setup required. I just use my office chair and a small table to set everything up, but it is a pain and takes over your living space unless you have a dedicated area for it.

It is worth the extra setup once it is all working though.

I could geek out on books as well, but I have done enough of that in this thread already. :geek:

ScratchBuildMast

Elite member
I have the original Oculus Rift. The HOTAS I use is the Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Control Stick, TWCS Throttle and TFRP pedals.

I have Ultrawings as well. I have only played Ultrawings with the Rift controllers though which is the thing I do not care for. It just does not have the same feel without the HOTAS. Although, the downside of the HOTAS is getting everything programmed and talking to each other nicely. That can be frustrating at times. Not to mention the setup required. I just use my office chair and a small table to set everything up, but it is a pain and takes over your living space unless you have a dedicated area for it.

It is worth the extra setup once it is all working though.

I could geek out on books as well, but I have done enough of that in this thread already. :geek:
Ahhh... I’m gonna design a little pedal system to hold the oculus touch controllers...

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I've been playing DOOM (not DOOM Eternal, but the previous release for PS4), and *mutter*Minecraft*mutter*...

I've also been building; I finally completed my P-38 build, and put together an F-22 Raptor Mini (thanks to a couple of spare quadcopter motors I had from a broken quad). I've also got a couple more Mini projects being planned out as soon as I can get the servos and ESCs delivered.

OliverW

Legendary member
I've been playing DOOM (not DOOM Eternal, but the previous release for PS4), and *mutter*Minecraft*mutter*...

I've also been building; I finally completed my P-38 build, and put together an F-22 Raptor Mini (thanks to a couple of spare quadcopter motors I had from a broken quad). I've also got a couple more Mini projects being planned out as soon as I can get the servos and ESCs delivered.
I've been playing Subnautica for the most part, with a little bit of GTA and the simulator mixed in lol

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member

No shame in Minecraft, no matter what anyone else says. The shear creativity that's possible is still unparalleled by any other game. It's great for when you're too tired to build a plane.

I was playing Doom 2016 too but I had to stop because my heart was doing wierd things. It's a little too intense for me.

sprzout

Mentor
No shame in Minecraft, no matter what anyone else says. The shear creativity that's possible is still unparalleled by any other game. It's great for when you're too tired to build a plane.

I was playing Doom 2016 too but I had to stop because my heart was doing wierd things. It's a little too intense for me.

I know there are people that like the DOOM franchise, but I'm just not as into it as I was with the Wolfenstein series. The last ones they've done with BJ Blascowicz in the 1950's and 1960's, with the Nazis winning the war, it's been REALLY good. I've loved the alternate history timeline that they went down...

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I know there are people that like the DOOM franchise, but I'm just not as into it as I was with the Wolfenstein series. The last ones they've done with BJ Blascowicz in the 1950's and 1960's, with the Nazis winning the war, it's been REALLY good. I've loved the alternate history timeline that they went down...
Haven't played that one

sprzout

Mentor
Doom 2016 turned into a platformer.

Wolfenstein did not. Love the levels in Wolfenstein The New Order infiltrating the sub and the moon base.

If you liked the moon base portion, try Wolfenstein II - The New Colossus. I don't want to ruin the halfway point, but it's enough for your jaw to drop and go, "Where is it going to go from here?!?"

sprzout

Mentor
I want to check it out now, which one do I start with?

If you haven’t played Wolfenstein: The New Order, start there. You can play The Old Blood game after, but it’s kind of a side story. Wolfenstein II - The New Colossus picks up after New Order.

Oh, and be aware, the titles are VERY violent, have foul language & nudity, and definitely earn the Mature rating.

Namactual

Elite member
I could not get into the new Wolfenstein. It had it's moments, and it was not a horrible game. It was pretty as all get out, but not nearly as fun as Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Doom 2016 was ok. The melee kills were cool for a bit, but it got old fast.

Out of all of the newer I.D./Bethesda games I think Rage was the best though.

I am patiently waiting for the new Mechwarrior to go on sale outside of the Epic store. Most importantly though I am really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077. Although I am not looking forward to the new GPU I am going to have to buy to play it.:cry:

sprzout

Mentor
I could not get into the new Wolfenstein. It had it's moments, and it was not a horrible game. It was pretty as all get out, but not nearly as fun as Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Doom 2016 was ok. The melee kills were cool for a bit, but it got old fast.

Out of all of the newer I.D./Bethesda games I think Rage was the best though.

I am patiently waiting for the new Mechwarrior to go on sale outside of the Epic store. Most importantly though I am really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077. Although I am not looking forward to the new GPU I am going to have to buy to play it.:cry:

Man oh man...Mechwarrior. THAT game brings back memories. Used to love the original, running around in the Madcat equivalent, twisting my torso to kill other mechs. I don't have a PC to play it on, have to wait for it to come to consoles.

And Return to Castle Wolfenstein was probably one of the best titles. Loved that one; parachuting out and stopping a V2 rocket launch, in addition to the weird paranormal spins that they put in, was really great.

I kinda like the way the current one is going, but you're right, it's not quite the same as the nostalgic ones. Still, I think Bethesda's doing a decent job of it.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
This thread is about all your favorite pastime when you can’t fly or build... I like to play video games and design lightsabers and crap like that.
I usuallly play things like SimplePlanes and Space Engineers. Usually things that have to do with building and engineering.
I'm not really a gamer, I like blacksmithing and flying airplanes and quads the most.