Viewer request: Get that Swede to build a cheap brushless gimbal!

glydr

How many letters do we ge
And the laser cut parts can go into the store!

How about it David? Bonus points if it is compatible with Tricopter 2.5!

jamiedco

Prop Killer
i like that idea . the tech for the bl gimble should be available for diy construction any day now . it would be nice to have a ft gimble set .

OutcastZeroOne

Fly, yes... Land, no
there are enouhg guys making their own on RCgroups so I'm sure theres no limit to sources to draw from for ideas.

Webbie

how about a swappable gimbal, inline orientation, plate with mounted electronics so it can be either for multicopter or for something different slotted into the front of a flying wing for stabilized high speed filming.

xtrmtrk

I'd LOVE to see a BL gimbal build for a plane. Show us how to put one for a GoPro on a Bixler! Affordable would be really nice.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I'm thinking having "brushless gimbal" and "cheap" together is not going to happen for a while yet. The controllers alone are very pricey from what I've seen and the gimbal motors are even more so. Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places, but once I saw what a few sites were asking for the electrical components, I just stopped looking.

RoyBro

Mentor
Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Hobbyking just came out with some brushless gimbal motors that are pretty affordable. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...or_GoPRO_size_100_200g_.html?strSearch=Gimbal

And a controller http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...ion_Control_Board_w_IMU.html?strSearch=Gimbal

I would love to see a 2-axis gimbal for the Bixler 2. Something to stabilize those little corrections to make the video smoother.
It has been a few weeks since I looked. I should have known HK would have a cheap alternative. I have to wonder if by the time the parts are packed, shipped and received, they are already obsolete again....

Sorry, been having real issues with HK shipping lately, even from US warehouse...

Last edited:

RoyBro

Mentor
Sorry, been having real issues with HK shipping lately, even from US warehouse...

I hear ya. It seems that time is never constant at the HK warehouses. My last order placed on Monday was packed and awaiting shipment mid-Tuesday. I kept checking back throughout the week and it didn't ship until Friday.
So I've come to expect that it will take a week to leave the warehouse. Two if the item is in their auxiliary warehouse.

Once it has left the warehouse, time becomes constant again.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Usually I would say the same, but at this moment, I have one HK shipment that left the US warehouse on the 19th and just arrived in the Houston sorting facility today, the 29th. and I have a second shipment that left the warehouse on the 25th and has just left the Dallas sort facility...
So, shipping time alone, 9 days for one order and 4 days for the other, both from the same warehouse...
It only happens with the HK stuff, too. I RARELY have issues like this with other vendors, even those that ship from China. I have an eBay purchase from the 23rd, from China, that looks like it will deliver tomorrow and the shipping was free!

I love HK and still recommend them to people who ask, but the hassles of paying that much for shipping and then having to wait so long just for them to ship are starting to make me think about shopping elsewhere for more of my items.

Dangit...I hijacked again...apologies to the OP!