Viewer Response - January 2013

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

Josh and David take some time to response to some popular viewer questions.

vr - 1.jpg

Everyone is always curious how other pilots fly their planes, specifically whether they pinch the sticks on the radio or use thumbs. Josh is a thumbs guy, while David pinches.

vr - 2.jpg

They also talk a little about how they take care of their Lipo batteries and keep track of charge cycles.

vr - 3.jpg vr - 4.jpg
Josh and David also share some of their best crash stories!

vr - 5.jpg
Have you ever wondered about those little numbers on your motor? Well, they mean something and David explains.

vr - 6.jpg

They also talk about their basic FPV setup and much more in this episode!

Thanks for all the comments and questions! Stay tuned for more Q & A in the future.

Check out the facebook page if you'd like to be more involved with Flite Test and the community.
https://www.facebook.com/flitetest

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Just one comment. Not everyone has a Facebook account since some of their policies are questionable to say the least. You are cutting out a certain amount of your viewership by using Facebook exclusively instead of the Forum. Might have been better to call it "Facebook ONLY Viewer Response". Great video though even if it did not contain forum based questions.

Yea I am one of those anti Facebook persons.

Thurmond

Last edited:

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I've always found the hosts' involvement in the forums a little... disappointing. Even Chad's presence has been rare on here lately. I know, you guys are busy... Would be nice if the FB people ended up here.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Flitetest should have a community group on FB not just a profile !!!

and also i agree TOTALLY with lobstermash; flitetest crew seldom "chad it up on the forum" like they advertise .....

would be a lot cooler if we could exchange a few tips with the guys we see on the show !

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Not everyone is a forum user (I know I'm cutting back these days - too busy!). So I understand that the 'guys' don't have time for foruming.

The question everyone wants answered: when will we see that green aerobatic scratch-build on a show???

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Not everyone is a forum user (I know I'm cutting back these days - too busy!). So I understand that the 'guys' don't have time for foruming.

The question everyone wants answered: when will we see that green aerobatic scratch-build on a show???

I don't want an answer, I want the show!

KennethLNOR

I started with thumbs because I'm used to it from playing PS3 and 360. I tried pinching the sticks after watching this video on Youtube just to see how it was. After flying inside with my Wltoys V911 copter I noticed that I have more controll when I pinch the sticks. Now I'm a pincher :) The downside is that I get a cramp in my right hand after a while when I fly.