• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Viggen EDF Suggestions

I am looking at building the Viggen EDF version. The Grayson Hobbies EDF kit mentioned in the build video has been out of stock for quite some time, so I am exploring alternatives.
In the X-29 vid, Josh mentions that FT is working on a EDF kit, but I don't see it in the store.
Suggestions for a 70mm edf, motor, esc appreciated.
Thanks!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Mentor
I am looking at building the Viggen EDF version. The Grayson Hobbies EDF kit mentioned in the build video has been out of stock for quite some time, so I am exploring alternatives.
In the X-29 vid, Josh mentions that FT is working on a EDF kit, but I don't see it in the store.
Suggestions for a 70mm edf, motor, esc appreciated.
Thanks!
I am not sure what you are seeking but Flite Test Store has a kit listed see:- https://store.flitetest.com/flite-t...-electric-airplane-kit-700mm-flt-1010/p673674

Have fun!

Interesting. I was led to believe the 64mm was barely enough power. What ESC and battery are you running?
60A RC Brushless Motor Electric Speed Controller ESC 4A UBEC with XT60 & 3.5mm bullet plugs by RCELECTRICPARTS.COM
I use a 4S with a max of 2000mah and a minumum of 850 mha. They give 1150g thrust fully charged to provide a 1.45:1 thrust/weight ratio, more or less depending on battery weight.
The aircraft flies right out of my hand when I give a gentle start with my right hand "Frisbee style". It's a guiding launch rather than a toss, very gentle with no attempt to provide any help since the thrust is more than sufficient.

60A RC Brushless Motor Electric Speed Controller ESC 4A UBEC with XT60 & 3.5mm bullet plugs by RCELECTRICPARTS.COM
I use a 4S with a max of 2000mah and a minumum of 850 mha. They give 1150g thrust fully charged to provide a 1.45:1 thrust/weight ratio, more or less depending on battery weight.
The aircraft flies right out of my hand when I give a gentle start with my right hand "Frisbee style". It's a guiding launch rather than a toss, very gentle with no attempt to provide any help since the thrust is more than sufficient.
Thanks for the info. Those are very reasonable prices. What motor you running?