Vimana89 Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 Foam Board Park Flyer

Vimana89

Legendary member
Just curious, is that a scale wing or with 1-2 inches of wing chord added?
The wing on my build was completely scale. The wing I did the math for the 100 model was not scale, it was more than double. my original span was 28" and tip chord was only 0.8, with a 2" root chord. I was running at least a 30" wing with a 2" tip chord and 4" root chord on the new wing.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Before you scrap the project just resize the wing and do more calculations, if the root chord is 50mm make 80mm or 100mm, wing tip 20 make it 40mm, wing spam 700mm make it 800mm . Keep the basic shape of the wing but just fatten it up , it doesn't have to be true scale and in a lot of cases scaled down planes don't fly the same as the real one.

JTarmstr

Elite member
The wing on my build was completely scale. The wing I did the math for the 100 model was not scale, it was more than double. my original span was 28" and tip chord was only 0.8, with a 2" root chord. I was running at least a 30" wing with a 2" tip chord and 4" root chord on the new wing.

Ah, ok. Well, its your call what you want to do with this, I was considering a mighty mini Dash 8 but I would have to buy another F pack motor and ESC and right now I am leaning towards the A pack being my next purchase. Good luck with the build.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Ah, ok. Well, its your call what you want to do with this, I was considering a mighty mini Dash 8 but I would have to buy another F pack motor and ESC and right now I am leaning towards the A pack being my next purchase. Good luck with the build.
If you can make it work with a reasonable wing loading more power to you, I'm just not at the skill level I feel it is economical or worth doing. I think I'd put in a lot of work for an end product that would possibly fly, but not be that great. However, I think it would be a decent project for a more experienced builder than myself.