Visiting Phoenix next week...

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
As the title states, I'm headed to Phoenix next week! :) I'll be there for a few days to see my niece graduate high school, and while I'm out there, the wife told me I could go do some flying (provided the weather is good and not "melt a foamie" hot LOL).

I'll be in the Chandler/Gilbert area, and I'm looking to bring my quad and my UMX Timber out; I figure I'll have at least one day where I can go to a field and fly until it gets hot. :) I know there's Thude Park, but anyone know of any others around Chandler that are within 20 min. drive that I can fly at without getting chased off?

Brett_N

Were you already here?

Thude will be busy Saturday and Sunday morning.

Chandler is kinda anal about flying in non-flying parks.

sprzout

Mentor
Were you already here?

Thude will be busy Saturday and Sunday morning.

Chandler is kinda anal about flying in non-flying parks.

Yeah, I was at Thude Tues morning and afternoon, Wed. morning, and I tried to go yesterday to Thude but the field was flooded. I was going to go today, but the wife has said we're leaving to head back to San Diego around 11. In addition, I had a crash with my quad yesterday (flying at a different field) and it took out an ESC, so that's out of commission until I get it fixed.

Thude was...interesting. Most people were pretty receptive to me flying, and welcoming, but there were a few that I tried to be friendly with and was looked at like I had lobsters coming out of my ears. LOL

sprzout

Mentor
How do you like the UMX timber? I have the full size and i love it.

The mini is great; it flies really well, but if there's a breeze, it tends to get blown around due to its size. It actually requires a bit of skill to fly it in those conditions, but I think it's kinda worth it. :)

Brett_N

What time were you there on Tuesday?!?! I think I was out by 0745...

And...you ARE from California....so we have to look at you funny! It's probably because of the quadcopter LOL

And yeah, they flood the field last Thursday of the month, but it'll be ready tomorrow morning :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sprzout

Mentor
What time were you there on Tuesday?!?! I think I was out by 0745...

And...you ARE from California....so we have to look at you funny! It's probably because of the quadcopter LOL

And yeah, they flood the field last Thursday of the month, but it'll be ready tomorrow morning :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I actually introduced a couple of the guys to FPV, bringing my backup headset, and they thought it was the coolest thing ever. 😁I think that’s a key to getting people to accept quads...

At any rate, I didn’t get a chance to go today - we had breakfast, visited with family for a few minutes, and then stopped to get lunch before heading out back to San Diego. 😁