VISTA v2 - a slippery pitcheron

bracesport

Legendary member
this morning I started 3D printing the tailpieces - 23 hr print - in the meantime I also checked the CF braided sleeve will fit over the fuse - the canopy section is the former that will press the joggled edge into the fuse to accept the final canopy cover - all going well I will epoxy the fuse tomorrow (sadly I left the epoxy at home today)! :D

IMG_8638.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
this morning I started 3D printing the tailpieces - 23 hr print - in the meantime I also checked the CF braided sleeve will fit over the fuse - the canopy section is the former that will press the joggled edge into the fuse to accept the final canopy cover - all going well I will epoxy the fuse tomorrow (sadly I left the epoxy at home today)! :D

View attachment 160825
Cool, make sure to weigh it before and after, really curious of what weight it will add.

bracesport

Legendary member
The sausage is wrapped and the braid is fitting as well as I could expect - when I get to the nose during the epoxy time I will pull it a bit tighter - Ideally, you would slit and overlap the CF rather than have the ripples from pulling to a point - last time I had the same issue but was easily sanded post-cure - a small price to pay for a simple 'mouldie' process!

IMG_8644.jpg

Wildthing

Legendary member
The sausage is wrapped and the braid is fitting as well as I could expect - when I get to the nose during the epoxy time I will pull it a bit tighter - Ideally, you would slit and overlap the CF rather than have the ripples from pulling to a point - last time I had the same issue but was easily sanded post-cure - a small price to pay for a simple 'mouldie' process!

View attachment 160973
So smooth all the way and then you have to deal with the wrinkles at the ends

bracesport

Legendary member
Tail prints are early there - after two birds nests from the printer tip knocking the parts over I stabilised them with some supports - they are quite tall and skinny at about 90x10x200 - working out better this time! 😀

C795EDC2-61CC-4345-8338-93DCC7F61EAB.jpeg

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - yes they printed very well and I am looking forward to getting the epoxy on the fuse (after the lockdown :confused:) and fitting them properly - any progress at the moment is good progress! :D