VonHelton Flugzeugwerke - The "World of Beautiful Aircraft"

leaded50

Legendary member
HA! Not in 1914, they didn't.....

(y)
:ROFLMAO::LOL: ha,ha

" As speeds advanced, so did structural requirements, and designers analyzed individual aircraft parts for both strength and wind resistance. Bracing wires were given a streamlined shape, and some manufacturers began to make laminated wood fuselages of monocoque construction (stresses carried by the skin) for greater strength, better streamlining, and lighter weight. Eg. the 1912 record-setting French Deperdussin racers, the German Albatros fighters of World War I, and the later American Lockheed Vega were among the aircraft that used this type of construction. " ;)

As i see it, the old vintage ones had fabric covering, later on they started making wood skins, and even younger ones aluminium/metal skins :)

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
My Paint Booth......Note that the Flite Test board is 20x30, and there still plenty of room......

Attachments

• 20210925_140017.jpg
    20210925_140017.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210925_135944.jpg
    20210925_135944.jpg
  • 20210925_135939.jpg
    20210925_135939.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
:ROFLMAO::LOL: ha,ha

" As speeds advanced, so did structural requirements, and designers analyzed individual aircraft parts for both strength and wind resistance. Bracing wires were given a streamlined shape, and some manufacturers began to make laminated wood fuselages of monocoque construction (stresses carried by the skin) for greater strength, better streamlining, and lighter weight. Eg. the 1912 record-setting French Deperdussin racers, the German Albatros fighters of World War I, and the later American Lockheed Vega were among the aircraft that used this type of construction. " ;)

As i see it, the old vintage ones had fabric covering, later on they started making wood skins, and even younger ones aluminium/metal skins :)

Correct.

(y)

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
What was the context? or at least what post was it spurred on by? I read above and below it and its just hangin there for no apparent reason I could find... Maybe I read it too early in the morning or something.

I was chastised for my use of language. Understand that not everyone is a christian. I am an eclectic pagan. A free thinker. I despise orthodoxy of any kind, especially pagan orthodoxy. The words you say are "curse" words are nothing but colorful metaphors to me & mine. Do we HAVE curse words in paganism? Yes, we do, but none of the words in my post were any of THOSE words. Atheists & pagans don't recognize christian curse words, anymore than christians recognize ours. One of the (many!) reasons I left christianity was because it was WAY too controlling.

Having said that, I understand the need for kids to have an environment free of "adult" language. I thought this was what the STEMS forum was for, and that the rest of the forum was for adults. Ooops! I was wrong. Oh well. This will NOT deter me from bringing my WW1 aircraft I made in Red Baron 3D to the real world. As we speak, I'm letting my painted aircraft parts dry, and hopefully soon I can begin assembly.

(NOTE: The pics below are NOT my model, but give an excellent example of what my plane will look like).

(y)

Attachments

• 16610_rd (1).jpg
    16610_rd (1).jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 16610_rd (2).jpg
    16610_rd (2).jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 16610_rd.jpg
    16610_rd.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I was chastised for my use of language. Understand that not everyone is a christian. I am an eclectic pagan. A free thinker. I despise orthodoxy of any kind, especially pagan orthodoxy. The words you say are "curse" words are nothing but colorful metaphors to me & mine. Do we HAVE curse words in paganism? Yes, we do, but none of the words in my post were any of THOSE words. Atheists & pagans don't recognize christian curse words, anymore than christians recognize ours. One of the (many!) reasons I left christianity was because it was WAY too controlling.

Having said that, I understand the need for kids to have an environment free of "adult" language. I thought this was what the STEMS forum was for, and that the rest of the forum was for adults. Ooops! I was wrong. Oh well. This will NOT deter me from bringing my WW1 aircraft I made in Red Baron 3D to the real world. As we speak, I'm letting my painted aircraft parts dry, and hopefully soon I can begin assembly.

(NOTE: The pics below are NOT my model, but give an excellent example of what my plane will look like).

(y)

Ahh.. the cursing has nothing to do with free speech mate.. Its about respect to others and the fact there are young kids on here a lot. There is a thread you need to ask for the password from a mod to get into called "Behind the wood shed" for that kind of activity. Not sure how many people actually use it though to be honest.

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
For a plane that allegedly doesn't exist, it seems to be looking pretty good.........LMAO.

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 20210930_173810.jpg
    20210930_173810.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210930_173657.jpg
    20210930_173657.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210930_165340.jpg
    20210930_165340.jpg

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
Ahh.. the cursing has nothing to do with free speech mate.. Its about respect to others and the fact there are young kids on here a lot. There is a thread you need to ask for the password from a mod to get into called "Behind the wood shed" for that kind of activity. Not sure how many people actually use it though to be honest.

LOL.......

speech
spēch
noun
The faculty or act of speaking.
The faculty or act of expressing or describing thoughts, feelings, or perceptions by the articulation of words.
What is spoken or expressed, as in conversation; uttered or written words.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

(y)