VonHelton Flugzeugwerke - The "World of Beautiful Aircraft"

leaded50

Legendary member
is prop blowing air rearward? prop correct way with numbers on forward? and motor running correct way vs. prop rotation? and is it easy to roll on ground, not binding by the wheels?

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
is prop blowing air rearward? prop correct way with numbers on forward? and motor running correct way vs. prop rotation? and is it easy to roll on ground, not binding by the wheels?

Would a low battery still let it roll on the ground? Or no? If yes, then I must've put the prop on backwards. Remember: It flew off my desk faster than a bullet, so I know everything is working right.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
Would a low battery still let it roll on the ground? Or no?
with the power you had in the video, it should rolled. perhaps not as in the end, but earlier.
If wheel are "stuck", normally it would tipped over(or tried to) though.

In my testings of a plane, i take it out the lawn, at a place with medium height grass, Can it move, superb , if stuck, just tipping forward/rearward, i know forward moving power is ok, just not correct surface for the plane. Our airfield is quite nice cutted low, or i can also easy take out the lawnmover tractor, and cut it even more. Or even roll out a length of plasticgrass. who is superb for any plane/small wheels)
On asphalt every plane with wheels should roll easy. Dont need full power either

Last edited:

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
with the power you had in the video, it should rolled. perhaps not as in the end, but earlier.
If wheel are "stuck", normally it would tipped over(or tried to) though.

Wheels are awesome. You can lightly blow on them & they turn. I'll check the prop & see if I inadvertently put it on backwards.

(y)

leaded50

Legendary member
take a look on this. The plane have selfmade wheels with bushings from pop-nails. weights approx 700g (?)with a 2200 3S battery.. Power more than enough though... i did put in a 2212 motorlaying around not used, a 2208 eg would be enough. 10" prop, 8 or 9" would also fit. a 8" on the 2208 . but look how easy rolls, and the movement when holding in one wing, and gives power. With a smaller motor, i wouldnt be fully alike, but anyway something similar perhaps not as "quick" moving.

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
take a look on this. The plane have selfmade wheels with bushings from pop-nails. weights approx 700g (?)with a 2200 3S battery.. Power more than enough though... i did put in a 2212 motorlaying around not used, a 2208 eg would be enough. 10" prop, 8 or 9" would also fit. a 8" on the 2208 . but look how easy rolls, and the movement when holding in one wing, and gives power. With a smaller motor, i wouldnt be fully alike, but anyway something similar perhaps not as "quick" moving.

Excellent. Even the slightest throttle moves the plane. I'll check my propeller today.

(y)

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
ACHTUNG!!

I found CW props in a Power Pack F.......

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

(EDIT: Yes, I know I ordered some, but these came right out of the Power Pack F box)

Attachments

• 20211020_124356.jpg
    20211020_124356.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
Never underestimate the destructive power of these power pack motors!! You do so at your folly!! :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Attachments

• 20211020_124236.jpg
    20211020_124236.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211020_124222.jpg
    20211020_124222.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0