VonHelton Flugzeugwerke - The "World of Beautiful Aircraft"

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The one in the middle is a painted scheme of a historically accurate skin, they two on each end are historically accurate paintings.

I only do fantasy skins if I get a request.

Nice work. there is another gentleman here that goes by the name @Rasterize that also does skins and has an awesome collection you may want to get with and talk shop.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I bookmarked it. His skins are on a par with mine. I've been skinning since 1980.

:)

Awesome. Just for general information this forum runs on pictures and videos the more you post them the stronger it gets. I am sure many of us would love to see your work and what you fly too. here is a custom skin one of our members had made for me a few years back.

IMG_20210126_221406_239.jpg

IMG_20210126_221427_070.jpg

IMG_20210126_221441_128.jpg

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Ah skins! What fun! I guess it depends on what you mean by the word "Skins". For clarification, are we talking about digital images created to be wrapped around a digital frame for use in computer games and simulations? Or Digital graphics created to be printed at hi-resolution on foam or paper for foam board RC planes? I ask because the above look to be wonderful examples of digital images created to be wrapped around a digital frame.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ah skins! What fun! I guess it depends on what you mean by the word "Skins". For clarification, are we talking about digital images created to be wrapped around a digital frame for use in computer games and simulations? Or Digital graphics created to be printed at hi-resolution on foam or paper for foam board RC planes? I ask because the above look to be wonderful examples of digital images created to be wrapped around a digital frame.

Did I wake you good sir? Hope all is well and everyones healthy n safe at home.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Both! I will be bringing my computer-based skins to real life on my foam aircraft. (y) Years of research to get the right skins for the right pilots. And yes, some research is incomplete, so I use artist's license. Shame I can't just "supersize" the skins in my mod & slap them on a Dr1 & call it done. But nothing is ever that easy, is it? LOL! :ROFLMAO:

I am sure the sim guys here would LOVE to have skins for their models for their favorites too! If I had time to mess with my sim more Id try using them and make my own models with them.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You said it, brother! :LOL:

:sleep: Huh? What? **Yawn** :LOL: All is well here. Hope you are the same. :) Been very busy and I have a feeling I will be even busier very, very soon. ;)

That is awesome. Hopefully you have or will have solved the website issues and can gather some steam there. Be cool seeing all these new pilots and builders going that extra step and making things pretty.

Rasterize

Mentor
That is awesome. Hopefully you have or will have solved the website issues and can gather some steam there. Be cool seeing all these new pilots and builders going that extra step and making things pretty.

Oh it's bigger than that! I solved the website issues. I closed FliteSkins for good. :LOL: But as the old saying goes, when one door closes another opens. Well in this case, a door closed and a wall came down! If you have not heard, I'm now John Overstreet's graphic designer. :eek::p I will be designing skins that will be printed directly onto FT pre-printed speed build kits. :cool: We will be doing older FT kits and John's Master Series planes. The new decal sheet on the Master Series kits this year? That was me. :) The design for the new FT Shirts. Also me. ;) (Josh's ideas though.) I go to FT Midwest next Sunday for training on the new printer and hang with the man himself, John Overstreet. Should be awesome!
1630904931726.png

FT Mighty Mini F6F Hellcat test prints being printed directly to foam.

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh it's bigger than that! I solved the website issues. I closed FliteSkins for good. :LOL: But as the old saying goes, when one door closes another opens. Well in this case, a door closed and a wall came down! If you have not heard, I'm now John Overstreet's graphic designer. :eek::p I will be designing skins that will be printed directly onto FT pre-printed speed build kits. :cool: We will be doing older FT kits and John's Master Series planes. The new decal sheet on the Master Series kits this year? That was me. :) The design for the new FT Shirts. Also me. ;) (Josh's ideas though.) I go to FT Midwest next Sunday for training on the new printer and hang with the man himself, John Overstreet. Should be awesome!
View attachment 206908
FT Mighty Mini F6F Hellcat test prints being printed directly to foam.

No sir I did not know either of those two bits of info.. but then again nobody tells us forum people anything new and exciting hehe. Congratz. that's going to be a great match between you two. I just picked up a small air brush system and have been working with that this past week and a half now.

Rasterize

Mentor
.. but then again nobody tells us forum people anything new and exciting hehe. ...

True. I was glad to see Lee Kachner in the forums asking questions and taking notice of the comments. John can usually be contacted in his usual thread: Master Series Builds, Past Present and Future. He is usually very responsive. I haven't brought up my change in position since because I wanted things to get more stable. I also wanted to wait till after the Flite Test/Oshkosh season when things had settled down a bit. John has mentioned it in the Flite Test Fans page on FB but I know many folks don't do FB.

Congratz. that's going to be a great match between you two. I just picked up a small air brush system and have been working with that this past week and a half now.

Thanks! I think we are going to do some outstanding things in the next few years! I tried airbrushing. That takes some practice, however it's an awesome skill to have. Keep it up.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Thanks! I think we are going to do some outstanding things in the next few years! I tried airbrushing. That takes some practice, however it's an awesome skill to have. Keep it up.

I should do Ok on the learning part. Just have to be aware of neck stress if I do any real work with the nerve twitches and such. Just like trying to solder tiny flight controllers with shaky hands.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
As I said in another thread, I've decided what plane I will start with: A Pfalz E.I monoplane.

I'm going to be happy if I can just get to where I can airbrush the low detail FT Gremlin to match the side of the FT foam box they ship it in hehe. Gonna go right now and line out the basic shape to get a start on that this evening.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!