vtail quad setups??

So I was wondering what was the "rule of thumb" so to speak.
When setting up a vtail quad
Like what degree of prop angle, and size deference on the rear.
I know most of this is going to be deferent from quad to quad.

Can someone share their kk2 vtail settings. Somehow.
Which motors are 3 and 4.
If your running outward thrust what do you have to do

I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall trying to figure this out.

Last edited:

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
Can someone share their kk2 vtail settings. Somehow.
Which motors are 3 and 4.
If your running outward thrust what do you have to do

I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall trying to figure this out.

Okay, on the subject of motor numbering. Looking down at your quad, with the front facing away from you, the motor numbers run clockwise just like the X-Quad configuration. The number one motor is top left, number two is top right, number three is lower right, and number four is lower left.

As for an outward thrust set-up. You only need swap the "Rudder" values for CH:3, and CH:4, in the "Mixer Editor".

Hope this helps!

Ah.yea. Thanks man
the motor layout only shows a y4 layout. Even under the vtail settings.

And swapping is only from a negative value to a positive or the other way around.

Jim.

Setup?

So I was wondering what was the "rule of thumb" so to speak.
When setting up a vtail quad
Like what degree of prop angle, and size deference on the rear.
I know most of this is going to be deferent from quad to quad.

I built the version here on the the site. The batbone vtail quad. Search vtail quad and you can watch David Windestal set one up. I recently went a step further by using the kk2 manual and the math with sin and cosin about where the kk2 recognizes you motors are. Pretty wild I have to say and slightly complicated. I also am not sure if there is a change needed be made because the kk manual assumes all motors are vertical and the rear motors here are at a 45 degree angle. I know one thing it isn't as effective as them pointing straight up, (lost energy)but it looks way cool and really flies different in a way I prefer. All that being said I actually used the stock vtail selection in the kk board to fly it for the past week And it worked fine.
I'm flying 4 sunnysky motors 2216 880kv motors which I have to say are incredibly awesome no vibration and very strong. 11x4.7 props in the front and 10x4.7 in the rear. I like the bigger props in the back but would never fit if angle was less than 45 degrees. In the video David comment on optimizing the rear mount to be 40 degrees I believe. I'm gonna bend up 30 35 and 40 degree brackets to see if it make any difference at all. I like you am exhausted from watching videos and reading posts trying to find out setups and what help I can. Good luck.
Jim