VTOL RC Plane????

bitogre

Would something like an V-22 Osprey also meet what you are looking for? I am not sure if you can come up with a controllable thrust system that would work in an RC plane that works like a Harrier. I do know that there are control systems that will work for something like an Osprey.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
The harrier is doable but it won't be a straight vertical you would have to angle it so that the forward motion kept air going over the wings

bitogre

The harrier is doable but it won't be a straight vertical you would have to angle it so that the forward motion kept air going over the wings

Is a plane that has to have some forward motion really a VTOL or is it really a STOL? As such, I am not sure if this is what Franky19 is looking for.

Franky19

I was thinking of something more like a quad that has serves on each motor that made them tilt, and some kind of wing for lift. It would be cool if flitetest did this as a scratch build or even a challenge

bitogre

I was thinking of something more like a quad that has serves on each motor that made them tilt, and some kind of wing for lift. It would be cool if flitetest did this as a scratch build or even a challenge

Sounds like you might be interested in the Quad Shot or a FliteTest variant.