Vtx doing weird stuff

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
You tried a TBS or ImmersionRC VTX?
Ya I've heard some bad stuff abut their vtxs. The replacement is out for delivery right now so we will see. I don't really want to spend a bunch of money on the vtx because I would like to upgrade it to dji and a vista.
Using a multimeter you should check the FC 5v pad is putting out only 5v. Maybe there’s something wrong.
That is a very good idea.

YOU MY FRIEND ARE AN ABSOLUTE GENIUS!!!
The wiring diagram shoed the vtx being wired up to a 9v pad. I couldn't see it and thought it was a 5v pad. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Amazing! Well then you should be good to go once you have your new VTX. These tiny pads are often so tight together that it’s easy to confuse the labels. I’ve had to double check my wiring so many times.

Glad to have helped, excited to hear about your flights!

Liam B

YOU MY FRIEND ARE AN ABSOLUTE GENIUS!!!
The wiring diagram shoed the vtx being wired up to a 9v pad. I couldn't see it and thought it was a 5v pad. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oof. Yeah, I can see that as a more common mistake now with the increase in 9v regulators being used to supply power for DJI equipment. Glad you figured it out.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
It flew better than ever on stock bf 4.2 and hq 3025-3 s.

However,
The vtx is set to raceband 8 in betaflight. 5917. So I go into the goggles and set them to raceband 8, 5917. It gave me an image like I was on the wrong channel. A 1 worked but not as good as it could be. Do you know what is going on? Vtx table is set up correctly.

It flew better than ever on stock bf 4.2 and hq 3025-3 s.

However,
The vtx is set to raceband 8 in betaflight. 5917. So I go into the goggles and set them to raceband 8, 5917. It gave me an image like I was on the wrong channel. A 1 worked but not as good as it could be. Do you know what is going on? Vtx table is set up correctly.

- Try different channels, F4: 5800 is a good starting point.
- Check all antennas for lose or even broken connections. I’ve had the little pin inside the wire get pushed back and bent, so it’s worth checking inside the connectors for issues as well
- Make sure you’re using good antennas with the same CP direction. (RH vs LH)

Are whip antennas polarized?

Whip antennas are not polarized but are generally regarded as crap. If you can change it to a CP antenna you’ll be in better shape.

The Menace pack seems pretty good and appears to have an extra antenna you could use on your vtx if it has an sma connector. (Not sure what your Vtx connector is.)

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I got the pack with the periscope omni and the pico patch. I have store credit to rdq and I found a nice antenna.

Does your vtx have an SMA connector? If so you could put the CP in your vtx and use the patch (and maybe linear if it fits) on your goggles to test the video signal.