VTX smart audio won’t connect to beta flight.

Jakedews4

Ok, I have searched high and low all over the internet for an answer to this and have tried everything I found. This is my first quad build so I’m sure that has something to do with this but for some reason I can’t figure it out. My Eachine tx5258 VTX works well and has a strong signal running through my mamba f405 flight controller to my camera and I get great video, but when I solder the smart audio to the tx1 tx3 or tx6 pads the vtx still refuses to connect in beta flight, yes I did click save and reboot. The smart audio function also works well on everything else besides the vtx in my goggles. I can change and manipulate things in there but when I go to VTX it’s as if I have no vtx connected. It also is telling me the same thing in beta flight also. I’m not sure if my vtx is somehow broken or I somehow missed something on how you need to set it up but this is so frustrating. If anyone has ever had this problem or could help me out I would really appreciate it.

Corsair714

Ok, I have searched high and low all over the internet for an answer to this and have tried everything I found. This is my first quad build so I’m sure that has something to do with this but for some reason I can’t figure it out. My Eachine tx5258 VTX works well and has a strong signal running through my mamba f405 flight controller to my camera and I get great video, but when I solder the smart audio to the tx1 tx3 or tx6 pads the vtx still refuses to connect in beta flight, yes I did click save and reboot. The smart audio function also works well on everything else besides the vtx in my goggles. I can change and manipulate things in there but when I go to VTX it’s as if I have no vtx connected. It also is telling me the same thing in beta flight also. I’m not sure if my vtx is somehow broken or I somehow missed something on how you need to set it up but this is so frustrating. If anyone has ever had this problem or could help me out I would really appreciate it.
Could you post a picture of what the vtx menu looks like in betaflight?

Jakedews4

Sure, this is the ports tab layout and my vtx menu setup. I also added a picture of the wiring if that helps.

Attachments

• E525FDB3-EBD2-4B9F-9A36-848348591A29.jpeg
    E525FDB3-EBD2-4B9F-9A36-848348591A29.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • CF5A5DFD-9BCE-4A69-8765-A0FA0A8A9A19.jpeg
    CF5A5DFD-9BCE-4A69-8765-A0FA0A8A9A19.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • C7A99B64-AF67-47C7-926E-63C35A978385.jpeg
    C7A99B64-AF67-47C7-926E-63C35A978385.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
ahh.. I just looked up the actual vtx.. that is not a smart audio capable VTX. The audio channel on that particular vtx is for a microphone to transmit sound along with the video signal.