Help! VTX trouble with BetaFPV Meteor 75 Advance SE

Tin Man

I recently purchased my first quad, the BetaFPV Meteor 75 Advance SE. After flying the drone for a few days I now lose video after 30 to 60 seconds of flight. Then, after a blind landing/crash I wait for about ten seconds and the video comes back. Not sure if there is a betaflight config that I can use to fix the problem or if it is a faulty drone. Yes, I have crashed it multiple times and there is no visible damage to the flight controller or the VTX. The drone flies fine by line of sight with no change to the drone's flight characteristics. No issues with the goggles either, because I have tested them with another camera and it doesn't lose video. I would be grateful to anyone who can help me, thx!

Tin Man

This might help... sounds like a quad issue to me, not BF.
Ok so I didn’t catch where he soldered the capacitor to. Also I’m not sure if I have that kinda real estate on my tiny whoop, unless there is a really small capacitor that can work. Thx for the help.

BayDesigns

Does it happen when you punch out, or is it random? And is the antenna connection secure on the quad?

Tin Man

Does it happen when you punch out, or is it random? And is the antenna connection secure on the quad?
If I go easy on the quad it will last longer before losing video, but the longer I fly the worse it gets and the longer I have to wait for the video to come back. The antenna is secure and their is no visible damage to the antenna connections or the fc or the vtx.

Tin Man

So you have had it a month and crashed it many times and you expect Flight Test to do what?
Actually it started having blackouts after three days or so. I stopped flying it and called FliteTest and let them know. It’s kinda a long story and complicated. But no, I haven’t flown it since then. My guess is that either I’ll have to find a capacitor small enough to fit,( like BayDesigns said) or send it back. These guesstiments I concluded from talking to y’all and from talking to FliteTest.

Ps. I don’t want to screw FliteTest over by doing something like flying and crashing it for a month and then returning it. Their a great company and the reason I’m in the hobby in the first place, just wanted to make that clear. 😁

Paracodespoder

Elite member
I had similar issues with my meteor 65, it may have been different but all I did was readjust the antennas from the camera and it solved my problem. I don’t know if it was coincidence or not that it fixed itself or I fixed it, but the rx antenna was touching the vtx antenna, so I dunno 🤷‍♂️

Tin Man

I had similar issues with my meteor 65, it may have been different but all I did was readjust the antennas from the camera and it solved my problem. I don’t know if it was coincidence or not that it fixed itself or I fixed it, but the rx antenna was touching the vtx antenna, so I dunno 🤷‍♂️
That was one of the first things I checked when I started having problems. Good thought though. The VTX and RX antennas are on opposite sides of the FC.