vtx wiring

I am in the middle of a drone build and am to the point where I am soldering my vtx. My vtx takes 7 to 26 volts. I do not have any available pads that are more than 5 volts. Can I power it from the positive on the esc power lead and a ground somewhere on the board.? It is an aio fc.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I am in the middle of a drone build and am to the point where I am soldering my vtx. My vtx takes 7 to 26 volts. I do not have any available pads that are more than 5 volts. Can I power it from the positive on the esc power lead and a ground somewhere on the board.? It is an aio fc.
Yes you can. Better yet use the battery balance plug for the vTx, like I do. Use the two outside wires to get the full battery voltage. Just make sure your vTx can handle the voltage and you get the polarity correct.

FDS

Elite member
The above is good advice. You may find a pad marked Vbat on the FC, that’s a battery voltage pad.
I run all my cameras off the VTX power out as well, the harness that comes with the VTX has the plug for the camera, all you take out is video to go to the cam pad and the VTX pad on the FC and Smartaudi wire to a UART.