Wall Mount for planes

WillL84

Hey guys, I just designed this wall mount for my Legacy V2. It's designed to cradle the 110mm foam wheels that come with the kit. I haven't printed it yet but I plan on printing one in the next few days to test fit. Let me know what you think!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5178026

110mm_Wheel_Holder_Assy_01.png 110mm_Wheel_Holder_Assy_02.png 110mm_Wheel_Holder_Assy_03.png 110mm_Wheel_Holder_Assy_04.png

Attachments

• 110mm_Wheel_Holder.stl
    454.2 KB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey guys, I just designed this wall mount for my Legacy V2. It's designed to cradle the 110mm foam wheels that come with the kit. I haven't printed it yet but I plan on printing one in the next few days to test fit. Let me know what you think!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5178026

View attachment 214565 View attachment 214566 View attachment 214567 View attachment 214568

Thats an awesome idea and design. I am not allowed to put holes in walls where I am but when these are tested and finished Ill have a friend print a bunch for me and just do what I already do and use those command hooks to hang mine. Ill just grab extra tape packs and swap the hooks out for those. Right now I just use a command hook and some solid core wire to hang mine.

WillL84

Thats an awesome idea and design. I am not allowed to put holes in walls where I am but when these are tested and finished Ill have a friend print a bunch for me and just do what I already do and use those command hooks to hang mine. Ill just grab extra tape packs and swap the hooks out for those. Right now I just use a command hook and some solid core wire to hang mine.

Well I printed one in PETG today and it's a perfect fit on the wheel. About 6.5 hours for the print (my printer tends to under extrude when printing infill in PETG for some reason so I run it slow). I'll print a second tomorrow and then hopefully get them mounted up this weekend.
View attachment 20211229_153037.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Well I printed one in PETG today and it's a perfect fit on the wheel. About 6.5 hours for the print (my printer tends to under extrude when printing infill in PETG for some reason so I run it slow). I'll print a second tomorrow and then hopefully get them mounted up this weekend.
View attachment 214631

Hey mate could you just drag n drop insert the pictures onto the thread like you did for the OG print concept pics please. I would like to see them but I'm not clicking any off site links. Just click the picture icon in the tool bar or press ctrl + p to open the box then drag the photo there to post it. Have to practice safe internet these day n all.

WillL84

I inserted that with the picture tool in the text box rather than using the "attach files" box. The forum made it an attachment link for some reason lol.

Edit: I did the drag and drop and it made it an attachment again. I have no idea how the images got placed in the body in the first post.
Edit 2: I figured it out. When you attach PNG images it allows you to insert a preview. When you insert JPG's it does not for some strange reason. I saved the pic as a PNG now.
20211229_153037.png

Last edited:

Tench745

Master member
I inserted that with the picture tool in the text box rather than using the "attach files" box. The forum made it an attachment link for some reason lol.

Edit: I did the drag and drop and it made it an attachment again. I have no idea how the images got placed in the body in the first post.
Edit 2: I figured it out. When you attach PNG images it allows you to insert a preview. When you insert JPG's it does not for some strange reason. I saved the pic as a PNG now.
View attachment 214654
If you insert an image it should have a grey box at the bottom of the post window. Beside the picture in that box should be buttons for (Insert: "Thumbnail" or "Full image") These will put the attached image into the message as either a thumbnail or full image wherever your cursor is.

WillL84

If you insert an image it should have a grey box at the bottom of the post window. Beside the picture in that box should be buttons for (Insert: "Thumbnail" or "Full image") These will put the attached image into the message as either a thumbnail or full image wherever your cursor is.

It seems it's got something to do with the size of the picture. I shrunk them to cut the file size down and the "insert thumbnail" showed up. I guess it doesn't like full size pics lol

Brian B

Elite member
I use this basic design for lots of low wing belly landers. The smaller one uses a cut-to-length bottom knub to support the specific plane's underprofile to it hangs perfectly vertical.
20210321_142023.jpg
20210321_222159.jpg
20210321_222103.jpg
20210321_222248.jpg