Wall O Planes

basslord1124

Master member
Been working on my wall of planes. Still gonna probably add a few more, depending on how much room I have.

Here they are from L to R:
-FT Baby Blender (built and decorated by my wife...never flown)
-FT Simple Cub ...soon to be maidened
-FT Long EZ ...still building
-FT Simple Storch
-Dynam PA18 Super/Piper Cub

All of them except the Storch are hung up with Command hooks and yarn. Storch was a little heavy for the Command hooks and I had to use some screw in hooks instead.

Attachments

• wall of planes 10-25-18.jpg
    wall of planes 10-25-18.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

Brett_N

How about a pile 'o ' planes?

Including but not limited to:
Buschwacker with 3 different wings
a couple of Storch wings
versa wing (at least one)
mini arrow
ft cub or 2
I think there is a FT racer in there
FT Otter
Pun Jet
Long EZ
Mini Sparrow
What was left of my Viggen :cry::cry::cry::cry: - definitely building another one of these! (Or maybe the X-29)

and the cat LOL

I build pretty much everything as it comes out. Fly it, or try and fly it (I didn't have any luck with the Pun Jet, Mini Sparrow or Long EZ but could have been my fault) m- if I like it I fly it until the wings fall off, if not, it gets scrapped and the guts get recycled.

And this is just the latest cleanout - already in the junk bin was a Sea Duck that the sun destroyed the glue joints on (learning experience, PHX sun is hot!) and a bunch of other stuff.

Attachments

• 20181020_195806.jpg
    20181020_195806.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 0

basslord1124

Master member
Now that's a pile of planes! lol. Some of those are on my future build list (at some point)...Bushwacker, Racer, and maybe one of the flying wings. I do have an FT Seaduck that will soon be added to the wall. As the weather gets cold, I probably will be building more.

basslord1124

Master member
Fly the Baby Blender! It's one of my favorite airplanes to fly!

It's been one of those planes that's been more of a decoration than something functional and flyable. No joke, last time I did some work to it (some minor electronics work), my wife actually got mad. She must be attached to it. She did a good job decorating it even if it is more girlie themed. She took her Cricut and made a Smurfette vinyl cut out for the rudder as well as the hearts on the wing. I should just build a junker one and practice on it. I'd hate to crash hers.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
My current squadron, (it changes regularly contains the following:
HK Reactor
HK Mini Saturn
An original "Not 4 Sale" in for restoration
An E-Flite T34 Mentor in for restoration
Hai-Kong Extra 300
A Havok, (Bixler clone)
A FMS 800mm P40
A Durafly trojan
RockHobby (FMS) MXS
FMS 980mm P47
SIG Four Star 20 EP
??? Sea Fury Complete but in for restoration.
Dynam FW190 A8
FT Simple Cub
FT Tiny trainer
FB Ugly Stick
FB Rendition of the Little Toni
FB rendition of the "Bubbles" flying wing
FB KFM Wing (800mm)
Windrider Bee Flying wing glider
FT Spitfire (Balsa and FB)
A FB Rendition of the Cartoon Cutlass
A ??? (Durafly?) Hellcat in for restoration
An old Durafly P40 in for restoration
An unidentified FGlass glider 2.4mtr
Plus a few others that I am not sure I will ever get around to.

This does not include those in construction or in for repair for others!

Is it no wonder I seem to be forever busy:rolleyes:.

have fun!

basslord1124

Master member
My current squadron, (it changes regularly contains the following:
HK Reactor
HK Mini Saturn
An original "Not 4 Sale" in for restoration
An E-Flite T34 Mentor in for restoration
Hai-Kong Extra 300
A Havok, (Bixler clone)
A FMS 800mm P40
A Durafly trojan
RockHobby (FMS) MXS
FMS 980mm P47
SIG Four Star 20 EP
??? Sea Fury Complete but in for restoration.
Dynam FW190 A8
FT Simple Cub
FT Tiny trainer
FB Ugly Stick
FB Rendition of the Little Toni
FB rendition of the "Bubbles" flying wing
FB KFM Wing (800mm)
Windrider Bee Flying wing glider
FT Spitfire (Balsa and FB)
A FB Rendition of the Cartoon Cutlass
A ??? (Durafly?) Hellcat in for restoration
An old Durafly P40 in for restoration
An unidentified FGlass glider 2.4mtr
Plus a few others that I am not sure I will ever get around to.

This does not include those in construction or in for repair for others!

Is it no wonder I seem to be forever busy:rolleyes:.

have fun!

Sounds like me...got plenty of work tied up in your models to keep ya busy. I am trying to keep my collection to a max of 10-15...we'll see how that goes. :rolleyes:

Actually in the pic only 1 of those is ready for flight. The rest have some varying degrees of work needed. Most of which is minor like linkages or something like that. But been so busy with the baby this year I just haven't had a lot of time but I think time is slowly starting to open up more.

On top of what's there I also have an FT Seaduck, FT3D airframe, balsa Hangar 9 Easy 2 trainer (in pieces ready to be re-covered), balsa Mini Funtana, balsa .40 size VQ Beaver, foamboard glider (Galaxy, still being constructed), and a Delta Dragon pusher.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I've mentioned elsewhere (just around Florence '18) that I REALLY need to spend time building a Hanger and/or Rack.
IMG_20180913_193858641.jpg
I think it's safe to say some of us have a problem. (I say while shopping for a motor for a Bigger plane)

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
life doesn't really get fun until you have 50+....

since i took this vid 3 months ago i have been given at least another 20 planes, plus purchased and built a few more. think i am somewhere around 75 currently in house, plus several others at school that i use for my students.

laters,

me :cool:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
life doesn't really get fun until you have 50+....

since i took this vid 3 months ago i have been given at least another 20 planes, plus purchased and built a few more. think i am somewhere around 75 currently in house, plus several others at school that i use for my students.

laters,

me :cool:
They say the first step towards curing an addiction is recognizing that you have one. Just throwing it out there... :)