Wanted: Anything for Free (14 Years Old, little money)

The Flying Boo

Hi all! I don't know if this is the right place...

I am a 14 year old who lives in rural Nebraska. I recently got very interested in the art of RC Airplanes and would REALLY want to get into this. I am unable to earn money because I am too young for a job, and my parents don't give me money for chores.

I would really appreciate if anyone would be able to send me ANY parts for free... I can buy some parts but I can't really afford $80-100 to buy my own parts. I can pay for shipping if you would like me to and if anyone is local I can have my mom drive me.

THANKS SO MUCH in advanced... Please help out a youth that is interested in the hobby.

PS: I am building the FT Mini Scout, and the foam is fairly cheap so I can easily pick it up.

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
First off, WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!:applause:

So what exactly are you looking for? What do you own? Do you have any RC electronic toys that you might cannibalize off of like a radio and receiver of any kind? We can help out just seeing what we have to work with.

The Flying Boo

Thank you for your interest! Well, I am FOR SURE going to order a transmitter/receiver for myself, and I don't really have anything. I have SOME money that I can spend on batteries or motors or something like that, but I am willing to take anything.

I probably have some stuff laying around that I can "canibalize" from but I'd have to check. We just got rid of a toy box full of old and broken toys that included lots of RC Cars.

Again, thanks for your interest and I am excited that someone may be willing to help someone out =D

paulshort

I would help you But I live in New Zealand. I started out just like you. I had no money to buy stuff. Lots of people gave me some old gear and I gradually acquired enough parts to build my first plane. I am also 14 and know just what its like trying to start out.

Paul

buddy ole pal, the karma bug has me today. I have a motor and an esc for the mini scout. Can even throw in some of the small wooden control horns. Do you have an idea on what radio you will be using. If its going to be spektrum prand or dsmx then i can send you a receiver as well for it. This is all used but still in working order. also just found a 2-3 cell lipo charger thats never been used. I suggest getting a better charger which is why ive not used this one, but hey it works.

Last edited: