Wanted: Cheap or free old 1000 - 1300mah Battery for TinyTrainer!

kilroy07

Legendary member
How are you fixed for chargers?
Do you have a balance charger (something you might want to look into saving up for.)

850s are the standard for most ft minis (as others have mentioned) I often fly with up to a 1000 but I usually have to strap it to the outside.

I like these on my lighter builds, they are plenty loud and I can just focus on flying.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/who...779.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.3a994c4dhjEcw3
(Shop around, this was just the first one I came across, you’ll wait a month for shipping, but it’s better than paying $5 each for the same thing.)

FTNoob18

HEY GUYS, INPUT / PLZ HELP!! So I want to build the new FT COMMUTER. Flite test says to use a power pack A. Also wondering if it should be power pack F... ******** I have a bunch of 2s 1300mah 20C batteries i'd like to use in this plane from my archer which has a 370size 1300kv brushless.. Could I use these batts w/ the FT COMMUTER on a power pack A or F, that's a an 1806 2300kv w/ 6x3 prop and 12amp esc... or pack F w/ 2205 2300kv also 6x3 prop. or 6x3 three blade prop w/ 20a esc. CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND THE PERFECT COMBO FOR THIS PLANE to get decent performance and good flight times? thank yoU!!!!

FDS

Elite member
I would go super light for the commuter. My TT gets 5-7mins on 500 or 850mah 2s with an 1806/2400 on 4x6 prop.
Too big batteries on Minis make them fly very poorly compared to my I misinterpret the weight. You get long flight time by having lots of identical smaller packs. A nose heavy plane is a pig to fly.

FTNoob18

I want to size up the plane atleast 50% to 75% percent though so it would equal out.. and maybe use a b pack motor..

I would go super light for the commuter. My TT gets 5-7mins on 500 or 850mah 2s with an 1806/2400 on 4x6 prop.
Too big batteries on Minis make them fly very poorly compared to my I misinterpret the weight. You get long flight time by having lots of identical smaller packs. A nose heavy plane is a pig to fly.

FDS

Elite member
Anything about 800mm wingspan or simple series size will run fine off 1300+ packs, however most of those larger planes use 3s power as they want more thrust. I haven’t used my 2s packs that size at all in planes.
Scaling up increases weight but you do get more lift from the bigger wing area, as air molecules don’t scale down!

FTNoob18

Anything about 800mm wingspan or simple series size will run fine off 1300+ packs, however most of those larger planes use 3s power as they want more thrust. I haven’t used my 2s packs that size at all in planes.
Scaling up increases weight but you do get more lift from the bigger wing area, as air molecules don’t scale down!
I have all these 2s 1300mah lipos from a Parkzone Archer 2 I don't fly. it has a 37" wingspan and runs a 370 size brushless motor w/ 10amp esc. and that plan can get aobut 12-15 run times!!! If I can make this FT COMmuter about the same size and weight and get those kind of run times.. that's my goal.. why would it work ??? I would like to scale up the FT COMMUTER 25% so it too would have a 37" wingspan which I think is a great small plane to transport around.. the 30"leasing is just a tad too small.