wanted: plans for V1 flying bomb

schmerzdj

Hey. Im new to this and making plans isn't part of my skillet yet....

Was wondering if anyone could make up some plans for a V1 flying bomb that takes a 70mm EDF engine in the pulse jet engine.... no idea if this would be a good flyer or not but it flew in real life so guess its possible...

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Hey. Im new to this and making plans isn't part of my skillet yet....

Was wondering if anyone could make up some plans for a V1 flying bomb that takes a 70mm EDF engine in the pulse jet engine.... no idea if this would be a good flyer or not but it flew in real life so guess its possible...

I found a papercraft site that has plans, and a ton of history and specs on the V-1. FiddlersGreen.net V-1

quorneng

Master member
Just seen this blog.
My EDF V-1 although decorated as a Republic JB2 as used at the White Sands testing grounds post war.
Complete2.JPG

It uses an 55 mm EDF placed right at the front of the the pulse jet as this allows the EDF bell mouth to be retained. The full size had a bell mouth. Having the EDF any further back could lead to difficulty it achieving a suitable CofG. In mine the battery had to go right in the nose along with the elevator servo, ESC and rx!
As it will have to undertake manoeuvres well beyond that possible with the full size it also has modest ailerons. It is flown AET (bank and yank) and being light it is hand launched. The only concession is a small finger hole in the underside to give the necessary impulse as the fuselage is too big a diameter to grip adequately.
FingerHole.JPG

The V-1 has a pretty efficient low drag airframe and with its EDF perched on top giving it an almost a perfect 'no loss' inlet. As a result It flies really well.
I do not have plans as such. I just blew up a 3 view to the correct size. It is after all a pretty simple airframe. Straight wings and an all circular fuselage.
3view_500.gif

Last edited:

quorneng

Master member
What size EDF are you proposing for what you have built? What is the wing span?
Any idea of its all up weight?