Wanted: Spektrum Full Range Tx for Taranis mod

iCrash

I am looking for something like the Spektrum DX5e or anything similar that is full range. I need it for a mod. I am building a module for the Taranis to use DSM2 and DSMX. thanks!

iCrash

Thanks for the link, will check it out more later.
From what I saw, most RF modules are not DSMX (only DSM2). That's why I was looking for a cheap or free DX5e. I could rip out the RF module out of that and save money and time. I have almost everything else I need to build a spektrum module for the taranis.

Scottjd

I just posted a DX6i, not cheap or free since it's new. But I don't know if the DX6i would have the module your looking for for this mod?
If it doesn't sell maybe I'll part it, keep the gimbals as a backup and sell the module if you didn't find one. That is if you know of the DX6i can be used for the mod your looking to do? I know it does DSMX, just don't know if the module is removable for what you looking to do.
Scott

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I'm pretty sure the DX6i module is the same as in the DX5e, etc... but, DSMX vs DSM2 is really just a difference in the software. My understanding with the multimodules is that the latest software does support DSMX, but since it has to be reverse engineered, there may be compatibility issues from some models.

tamuct01

The DX6i does have the full 6-ch DSMX/DSM2 transmitter chip. I robbed it out of my DX6i to build just such a Taranis module. I've relegated my DX6i to buddy box and simulator work now.

Scottjd

The DX6i does have the full 6-ch DSMX/DSM2 transmitter chip. I robbed it out of my DX6i to build just such a Taranis module. I've relegated my DX6i to buddy box and simulator work now.

Good to know. Since I'm still building my first race quad I decided to get the taranis and was looking at the multimodule with the STM32 chip. But again, all my Spectrum stuff is in my cars so I won't change away from Spectrum for the cars and spare receivers I have. For flight I'm going to try to stay digital with SBUS, but who knows. Things might change if I have to many issues with the frsky receivers and might gut the DX6i if it doesn't sell. But for now I actually need the money, so I'm hoping it sells.