Wanting to set up Flysky FS-i6X with 5 channel for independent ailerons

sandwich63

So I am putting together the eclipson model C and am really excited to get the electronics working. I haven't found any good guides that show how to set up independent ailerons (rather than using a Y splitter that gives one channel for the two ailerons to share). Can anyone explain how to set it up, or link a good guide for my transmitter?

Thanks

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
if all you want is that, you can just use a mix from your base aileron channel to a different channel

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
So I am putting together the eclipson model C and am really excited to get the electronics working. I haven't found any good guides that show how to set up independent ailerons (rather than using a Y splitter that gives one channel for the two ailerons to share). Can anyone explain how to set it up, or link a good guide for my transmitter?

Thanks
RC with Adam on YouTube, very good videos and he covers just about everything to do with your receiver, I have an FS-i6x and pretty much learned anything I need from there, hope that helps you out

sandwich63

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...1567581800555/FS-i6X+User+manual+20160817.pdf

page 17 explains how to setup mixes.

you will want 100% or -100% for the mix amount (will require testing to see which way you need it to respond... probably 100%)
you will also want to look at page 16 and set the channel's aux input to none, so no other controls impact it.

Ok, so I did that, and they both move one way, but the slave only goes to the left and not the right where the master has full range of motion. See video.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
They are both at 100 each. what should they be?
try various combinations of +100 and -100... some pair of the 2 should get the motion you need. the full set of options will be:

pos

neg

100/-100 or -100/100 are most likely what you need.

sandwich63

try various combinations of +100 and -100... some pair of the 2 should get the motion you need. the full set of options will be:

pos

neg

100/-100 or -100/100 are most likely what you need.
None of those fixed it.

Rhaps

Elite member
Try with offset -50, this is what works for me:
1617890972618.png

Rhaps

Elite member
....aand I started to wonder how weird it is that you'd need the offset.
Well, turns out you don't but you need to uncouple channel 5 from the potentiometer (VrA) first
(that was embarrassing)
1617912816176.png
And now no offset is needed
1617912954938.png
And you can trim the ailerons separately
1617913068553.png

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Well, turns out you don't but you need to uncouple channel 5 from the potentiometer (VrA) first
(that was embarrassing)
View attachment 197437
View attachment 197438
View attachment 197440
yeah I was thinking about this all day and then remembered that channels 5-10 were assigned to the 4 switches and 2 dials as per factory setup, offset is used for differential thrust setup so that both engines basically start at the same time when just throttle is applied with no left or right input

sandwich63

(that was embarrassing)
View attachment 197437
View attachment 197438
View attachment 197440

BINGO! I'm not embarrassed though like I said I'm new. Anyways, that was my bad, and thanks a bunch for pointing that out. Can I only trim them in the sub-trim menu though? Is there any way to get that done from the hardware buttons themself?

sandwich63

yeah I was thinking about this all day and then remembered that channels 5-10 were assigned to the 4 switches and 2 dials as per factory setup, offset is used for differential thrust setup so that both engines basically start at the same time when just throttle is applied with no left or right input
I see, this is all great info!