warbird size

foodog

presently practicing on my ft tiny trainer.. but being stuck at home .. will be building a warbird...
what size would be easier to start with.. the mini on a F power pack .. or standard size with a C pack.

From their videos.. the mini seems a lot more nervous and fast on the controls..??

shadeyB

Legendary member
presently practicing on my ft tiny trainer.. but being stuck at home .. will be building a warbird...
what size would be easier to start with.. the mini on a F power pack .. or standard size with a C pack.

From their videos.. the mini seems a lot more nervous and fast on the controls..??
bigger is always easier. the mini's on the f-pack can be a bit much if your not an experienced pilot.

good luck,

me :cool:
Bigger IS better 😍🤪🎮💫✈️💥🔥
I love my warbirds and love flying them more than the crashes lol
moving from a tiny trainer to a warbird I wouldn’t recommend initially however that’s how we learn
high wing planes are more stable than low wing warbirds at slow speeds but who flys slow lol
also the high wing planes are not as acrobatic as low wings ( I stand corrected by the pro’s)

do it and fly it like it’s on fire 🤪

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
Bigger IS better 😍🤪🎮💫✈️💥🔥
I love my warbirds and love flying them more than the crashes lol
moving from a tiny trainer to a warbird I wouldn’t recommend initially however that’s how we learn
high wing planes are more stable than low wing warbirds at slow speeds but who flys slow lol
also the high wing planes are not as acrobatic as low wings ( I stand corrected by the pro’s)

do it and fly it like it’s on fire 🤪
actually the mid wing, symetrical wing airfoils are more acrobatic, as it is much more streamlined and has less interference drag compared to the high and lowwings. The mid-wing also has neutral roll stability, which is good from the perspective of combat and aerobatic aircraft
twocents.gif

shadeyB

Legendary member
actually the mid wing, symetrical wing airfoils are more acrobatic, as it is much more streamlined and has less interference drag compared to the high and lowwings. The mid-wing also has neutral roll stability, which is good from the perspective of combat and aerobatic aircraft View attachment 164801

yeah 😍 was just thinking from the message that practice on the tiny trainer , somewhat novice to flying (no offence)
and suggesting stability over performance 😁
then realised it was mid wing plane anyway lol ☺️

foodog

so would be going to standard size for the warbird... so the p47 would be the easiest one to upgrade to... but kinda love the corsair...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
You want a war bird experience to truly play with a warbird that is easy to build, fly and fix. You will want to do the P-40 Warhawk, see it even has WAR in the name as well as a bird. This is an easy ride on all counts. The Sportster flies like a warbird but is a more sturdier airframe for crashes and fixing. I would also recommend the FT Spitfire or the Mustang as well. The Master Series will be much more of an involved build and twice the plane to fly compared to its counterparts in some aspects, they are easier to tip stall and don't tend to take hits as well or are harder to fix. Depends on what you are into

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
so would be going to standard size for the warbird... so the p47 would be the easiest one to upgrade to... but kinda love the corsair...
The P-47 or P-40 would be the best for you I’d say. I haven’t flown my Corsair yet but from what I’ve heard is that the P-47 is a lot more floaty and easy to fly.