Wasn't sure WHERE to post this - so here goes!!

I have built two different model R C airplanes that have V shaped tails.
While standing behind them I am not sure which direction the two vertical "rudders" are suppose go. Pulling back on the transmitter stick to climb, these should flair outward?? And pushing the stick forward to dive, these should fold inward??
I crashed one of the cheap "Eagle" shaped planes on take off, due to having this set up backwards, nose-dive into the ground, instead of upward into the air!

Please - anyone help so I can make the changes in my transmitter programming...

Many thanks, in advance...

Jim = stainless45

When you pull back on the stick, both of the elevators should go up.

Remember WE are behind the plane, looking at a V shape. Pulling back on the stick, the V will open OR the vanes will go to the right & left?
And pushing the stick forward to dive the V will close OR the vanes will go toward the center of the V ??

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
When you pull back on the stick, both of the elevators should go inwards, and they should do the same even if you are standing in front of the plane since it is not a right or left movement, it is an inwards movement.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @Ketchup, when you pull back on the stick both V tails should go inward, up. V tail also operates as a rudder, when you give it right rudder, both tails should go to the right.