Waving Heartily ...

MICKEYDSC71

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My son and I have been enjoying the FT videos and are getting into the fun of building and flying. My dad was a private pilot when I was my son's age, and have always loved model building, so I'm turning it into a combination learning-experience / shared hobby with my kid. Our first project together was a small chuck glider, a Waco CG-4A, which I had fun scratch building with him. Not only did it fly, it earned him an A+ in social studies, since they were studying WWII and it was a perfect show-and-tell for that!

I enjoyed the challenge of scratch building from line drawings, so I just started a new project of scratch building a Grumman AA-1B. This was one of the planes my dad flew and it really was an inspiring little plane. Just started on the fuselage. Hopefully it will fly well when I finish ... amazing what you can build with foam board!

Mike

Attachments

• 20190217_095010.jpg
    20190217_095010.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190223_174541.jpg
    20190223_174541.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190302_204852.jpg
    20190302_204852.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 0

FastCrash45

Elite member
Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My son and I have been enjoying the FT videos and are getting into the fun of building and flying. My dad was a private pilot when I was my son's age, and have always loved model building, so I'm turning it into a combination learning-experience / shared hobby with my kid. Our first project together was a small chuck glider, a Waco CG-4A, which I had fun scratch building with him. Not only did it fly, it earned him an A+ in social studies, since they were studying WWII and it was a perfect show-and-tell for that!

I enjoyed the challenge of scratch building from line drawings, so I just started a new project of scratch building a Grumman AA-1B. This was one of the planes my dad flew and it really was an inspiring little plane. Just started on the fuselage. Hopefully it will fly well when I finish ... amazing what you can build with foam board!

Mike
It's fantastic that there are father's that participate and interact with their children! Not only is it the right thing to do but it is truly inspirational to new fathers! Building something together builds permanent bonds that will be passed on for generations. THANK you for being one of those fathers.