Ways To Balance Your Props

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
David W. rules!!!!

Since I fly mainly with the Turnigy wood props, I prefer to use the sanding method. normally just by removing a little varnish from the heavy blade is all it takes.

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
Alright, Fast Tips! More, more, more flitetest, keep it coming! Some of us need all the help we can get, and you guys have my full attention, thanks for the tip.

Great idea for between episode filler for all us flitetest junkies. :applause:

Last edited:

Pilot Scott

FLY LOW
and if you don't have a prop balance tool you can use a piece of carbon rod through the prop and rested between two equal size drinking glasses.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I prefer the fingetip prop balancer...I have a magnetic one like in the video but I like the compactness of the fingertip balancer.

gpmq5000.jpg

Something to add. I have noticed that many of the less expensive outrunners and edf's that come included are not well balanced. My latest is the stock motor that comes with the Hobby King Rad Jet 800mm. I finally got a good cg on it today and flew it several times... well, at least until it vibrated all of the screws out of the motor..... Fortunately no damage but I will be working on balancing that motor tonight!
Jay

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Chad & David,
I realy like these short 'Fast Tip' vids !

Can think of tons of subjects like making control horns / push rods (Z-bender), repairing hinges, tips for various RC tooling, soldering tips, making landing gear, info about various quality of foam, new HK and HH items or making your own motor/esc/lipo/servo(esc)-tester/wattmeter test panel ..

Would also love David-Mr.Tricopter-Windestahl to do some fast tips about his tricopters. I noticed his V2.5 is realy realy and I mean realy popular ..

Why not making a forum poll and choose the most wanted subject ?

Chad & David,
I realy like these short 'Fast Tip' vids !

Can think of tons of subjects like making control horns / push rods (Z-bender), repairing hinges, tips for various RC tooling, soldering tips, making landing gear, info about various quality of foam, new HK and HH items or making your own motor/esc/lipo/servo(esc)-tester/wattmeter test panel ..

Would also love David-Mr.Tricopter-Windestahl to do some fast tips about his tricopters. I noticed his V2.5 is realy realy and I mean realy popular ..

Why not making a forum poll and choose the most wanted subject ?
great idea

glydr

How many letters do we ge
I wouldn't be suprised (yes - that's how you spell suprised in Australia!) that Chad and Dave were working on something and balancing some props. And Chad says;

"Hey. Let's film this and make it a 'fast tip' segment."

And David says

"OK".

And there it is.

Keep 'em coming!

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
I wouldn't be suprised (yes - that's how you spell suprised in Australia!) that Chad and Dave were working on something and balancing some props. And Chad says;

"Hey. Let's film this and make it a 'fast tip' segment."

And David says

"OK".

And there it is.

Keep 'em coming!

It's scary how well you guys know us :D

Hamdhan

The Expert Newbie
Very informative video on balancing props! But what about rotors with 5 or more blades? Same process (I am guessing so)?

Boom

AWESOME!
Need more little videos like this. Very useful for people getting into the hobby. :)
Thanks guys!

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Very informative video on balancing props! But what about rotors with 5 or more blades? Same process (I am guessing so)?

I think you have the take the blades off them and try to mount them on one "normal" blade holder and balance all the other blades to one blade.

Then remount them on the 5 blade mount or whatever. english isn´t my strength