We have lost an important builder and YouTube mentor - Samm Sheperd 1994-2018

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I am not really familiar with his work but I do recognise the name.

Its sad when anyone the young leaves the world. Specially someone who contributed something positive for the rest of us to draw from.

MY condolences to his family and friends as he will surely be missed. At least there is much documentation of his short life to comfort them.

Henry

Samm was a huge inspiration for me. His knowledge and enthusiasm was a joy to watch. His "try to make anything fly" attitude and his love of flight fit right in with the Flitetest ethos.

RIP Samm.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I learned a lot from this, guy, all of his videos are interesting and informative and despite only seeing him through a screen, I feel sad knowing we won't ever get anything new from him.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Very sad news, but thank you for sharing this with us.

Let's all remember to hug our loved ones, and tell them they are appreciated while we can still be with them.

To all my brothers and sisters here in the forums: you've made my life brighter and more interesting through your sharing, comments, and support, and I thank you for that.

basslord1124

Master member
I want to think I may have heard the name, but not 100% sure. Regardless, I also hate hearing about the young ones that pass. RIP Samm.

I've subscribed to his channel and going to check out his catalog of videos.

varg

Build cheap, crash cheap
Samm's video where he made the slat wing plane was one of the cool experimental RC videos that I came across while looking at old flite test videos like the annular wing plane. Those experimental lets-see-if-it-will-fly videos made me want to build RC planes. This news made me sad when I saw that video in my subscription feed. A real shame.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
WTH!?!?! this is a thread remembering a fellow hobbyist that died. It was bad enough advertising on other pages, but this???!?!!!

It's a scumbag spambot... It's a machine, not a person. It's the internet version of those robo-calls that call you at dinner time where there is no way to opt out.

NEVER click the link(s). :)

Hit the report button and let a mod know. They will probably purge this and any other posts by this tool and use the banhammer on the IP and send the user to bit heaven.

In the meantime, thanks OP for posting this.

I never knew of Samm prior to this post. I went to his Youtube page and watched/learned from him and am a smarter man today because of Samm.

Last edited: