We think its cheap....see what HK pay

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Got the HK parkjet mk2 today only 8 days from hong kong so good service there.
However I also got the invoice from a company called 1hobby.com who HK must
get there stock from so i was shocked to find that HK pay $14.10 for the jet and all
the electronics, it cost me........ $49.99 (thats 200% profit)
Turnigy 1000mah 3s 20c lipo.....$1.65, it cost me......$7
Man wish i knew how to buy from 1hobby.com and cut out the middle men I have googled
there address but no site comes up!!

fred0000

I think your are reading the correct invoice for your order, when you checkout there is an option you can change the declaired value of your parcel, default is 30%, (I always make sure my total is below $20)

there is no way hobbyking would have an invoice for 1 battery, or 1 jet, they will buy 100's-1000's at a time if not containers at a time.

(not to mention those poor packers would get the beatdown of a lifetime if they left one of their own invoices in a customers box, so I am fairly sure you are misreading something)

Last edited:

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Man wish i knew how to buy from 1hobby.com and cut out the middle men I have googled
there address but no site comes up!!
No problems - just order a full container (or a few) and you will get better prices ;-)
No one can sell and expand without any profit. % is not all needed. All items cost to organize if it costs a cent or a dollar does not count. It is probably the reason you can't buy some items in less than 5, 10 or 100 pcs any longer.

fred0000

you are reading your own invoice probably just at a lower declard valse, here is an example of one of my recent ones.

(I left my name and enough information to show that its me)

(actual total is over $100)

fssadsadasdas.jpg

FALSE ALARM PEOPLE!

Last edited:

glydr

How many letters do we ge
+1 for Fred's advice.

I always up the declared value, customs do have access to the net.

fred0000

I have to pay duty fees if it's declared to high lol. Havnt had an issue yet. A friend who uses HK more then I do told me to keep an eye on it. I tihnk it has more to do with claim purposes, if this package I used as an example was lost or damaged and I filed a claim for it i'd be covered for $17.30, not the actual value, that is a risk i'm willing to take.

Last edited:

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
That's pretty much for customs...I guess for if you live in a part of the world where customs/post office officials open you packages, play with the contents and then verify they're not getting stiffed any tax monies.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I was miffed because when i bought the fpv raptor off of HK it was $139.00 all told or there
abouts....but on the box it had a sticker for $300 plus and i had to pay another 21 quid ($32)
on top as import tax and handling charge...on this order it just came straight through so
the lower declaration must be the difference........ thanks for the info gents as always

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I was miffed because when i bought the fpv raptor off of HK it was $139.00 all told or there
abouts....but on the box it had a sticker for $300 plus and i had to pay another 21 quid ($32)
on top as import tax and handling charge...on this order it just came straight through so
the lower declaration must be the difference........ thanks for the info gents as always

My Bixler also had a higher value sticker on it. But not enough to make me pay excessive customs. I guess the $5 I paid were for the local shipping and handling (big box).

UndCon

UndCon
Customs in Sweden does not care at all about the supplied lists. If they inspect your shipment they will send you an mail where they ask you to state value (appears they do not even read on the packaging or supplied lists)

When they received this they send it along for deliver by postal office or other delivery methods
Usually they end up at my local postoffice where I have to pay the fee for customs in order to get my items.

//UndCon