Weather

Theuglycamel

Hello to all, I couldn't find a suitable section to post this in as it's not really related to flight. I just want to extend my thanks to all the heroes who've risked life and limb during this Midwestern storm season. Locally we're experiencing the 3rd worst flood in history with more rain on the way. I've been contemplating just moving into our storm cellar until July.

It does hurt my heart to hear so many folks on social media quipping "that's what you get". No matter where you live on this planet, you're going to experience the wrath of mother nature. Be it floods, mudslides, blizzards, hurricane, tornado, or earthquake. We all have our environments to deal with, and no one, especially those who've lost, deserves to be belittled for where they live. If anything, disasters should bring us closer to one another. It shows the true human instinct to be extraordinary and put aside all differences.

Not only that, Karma has a tenancy to remember what you said...

Please take a moment to think of those in need right now, and I will as well for anyone and everyone who's lost to the wrath of nature.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Been there, done that with the southern California wildfires from so much dry weather we've had. I'm afraid of what this summer will be like, with the recent rains we've had; I just hope we don't have another firestorm season where thousands of acres and homes are burned. Evacuations are not something I wish on ANYONE, regardless of the natural disaster.

Let's hope that the flooding recedes and the storms let up for those suffering from them.

mayan

Legendary member
Been there, done that with the southern California wildfires from so much dry weather we've had. I'm afraid of what this summer will be like, with the recent rains we've had; I just hope we don't have another firestorm season where thousands of acres and homes are burned. Evacuations are not something I wish on ANYONE, regardless of the natural disaster.

Let's hope that the flooding recedes and the storms let up for those suffering from them.
We don't get floods here because it doesn't rain here as much as in other parts of the world but in the summer it gets so hot here fires are a thing that happens and like @sprzout said alot of land gets burned, home evacuated and burned. I am with you my friend, stay safe!