Weight of Sport Cub S electronics?

Biko

Hello lovely people! I have a question, does anybody happen to know the weight of the electronics of the Sport Cub S (UMX receiver and motor)? I want to know whether its worth to build a slow flyer with those electronics.

Phin G

Elite member
I dont have the sport cub s but i will total up the full weight of spare parts if i get the chance to

Phin G

Elite member
I have done some searching and most of the eletronics weigh to 35.7g with the total weight of the craft at 57g. The thrust weight is 114:57 so you will have like 20g to make the body if you want a remake body or add 5g weight in CG to make it fly slower.
Hope this helps
Phin

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Grabbing my scale.... my SC-s parts are handy....
You want that with the pushrods??
I get 12g with the main board, all the pushrods, and the aileron servos. couldn't find the motor, gearbox, and prop. will have to dig for those.

Last edited:

Biko

I have done some searching and most of the eletronics weigh to 35.7g with the total weight of the craft at 57g. The thrust weight is 114:57 so you will have like 20g to make the body if you want a remake body or add 5g weight in CG to make it fly slower.
Hope this helps
Phin
Thanks mate, I made a plane with a wing out of bbq skewers, foam formers and plastic covering foil on a lightweight foamboard fuselage/tail surfaces. I certainly wasn’t expecting a reply this quick, thanks a lot again!

Biko

Grabbing my scale.... my SC-s parts are handy....
You want that with the pushrods??
I get 12g with the main board, all the pushrods, and the aileron servos. couldn't find the motor, gearbox, and prop. will have to dig for those.
Thank you too, that brushed motor really appears to weigh a lot in comparison to the other electronics (all together 35.7 grams according to Phin G). Good luck flying!

Phin G

Elite member
Thanks mate, I made a plane with a wing out of bbq skewers, foam formers and plastic covering foil on a lightweight foamboard fuselage/tail surfaces. I certainly wasn’t expecting a reply this quick, thanks a lot again!
No problem