Weight problem (ft tiny trainer)

Nicoxxi27

Hello, I have a small question, how much does your tiny trainer weigh?, Mine weighs 375 without battery, will it be a lot? Sorry for the misspellings, I speak Spanish

FDS

Elite member
Mine is around 340g all up with battery, it was built from a speedbuild kit.
I suspect you made yours from white EU foamboard, which is 40% heavier than FT board. This will make it a bit tail heavy as well. You might have to mess about with motor sizing and run a 3s 850mah battery to get the CG right.
If you find it’s a fast flyer then add some incidence to the wing, I put sticky Velcro under the leading edge of the wing, it lifts it up and this increases the angle of attack, which increases lift at low speeds.

Nicoxxi27

Hello, I have a small question, how much does your tiny trainer weigh?, Mine weighs 375 without battery, will it be a lot? Sorry for the misspellings, I speak Spanish
Mine is around 340g all up with battery, it was built from a speedbuild kit.
I suspect you made yours from white EU foamboard, which is 40% heavier than FT board. This will make it a bit tail heavy as well. You might have to mess about with motor sizing and run a 3s 850mah battery to get the CG right.
If you find it’s a fast flyer then add some incidence to the wing, I put sticky Velcro under the leading edge of the wing, it lifts it up and this increases the angle of attack, which increases lift at low speeds.
Thank you so much , i put a bigger motor and battery