Weight problem(ft tiny trainer)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Hello, I have a small question, how much does your tiny trainer weigh?, Mine weighs 375 without battery, will it be a lot? Sorry for the misspellings, I speak Spanish
Welcome to the forums my friend, Question really would be is where the weight is on the plane? Is it nose heavy or tail heavy based on the recommended CG marks.

Which wing are you using, the trainer wing or the 4 channel wing?

What power pack and battery?

What size of servos?

This all will add up to make a plane over the recommended weight. I am sure that even though you might be heavy it will still fly but will need more speed. And judging by the fact that you are building the TT that you might want to keep it slower as a notice pilot. Get back to us and we help you where ever we can. Good Luck

Hondo76251

Legendary member
From what I remember from living in southern California;

Lo siento, no hablo español...

I think the foam board you used is heavier than the flite test board. Your first builds also tend to be heavier because you are not used to the technique. It's not a problem. You just need to make sure you keep the CG in the right spot and you'll be fine

Nicoxxi27

Welcome to the forums my friend, Question really would be is where the weight is on the plane? Is it nose heavy or tail heavy based on the recommended CG marks.

Which wing are you using, the trainer wing or the 4 channel wing?

What power pack and battery?

What size of servos?

This all will add up to make a plane over the recommended weight. I am sure that even though you might be heavy it will still fly but will need more speed. And judging by the fact that you are building the TT that you might want to keep it slower as a notice pilot. Get back to us and we help you where ever we can. Good Luck
Hello, thank you very much, this was my first electric plane that I made and I fly, it is very different from flying a combustion plane, I just made sure that the CG was fine and I flew It .I've never gotten into an RC forum before, it's a good experience

Hyperdrive

Hello, I have a small question, how much does your tiny trainer weigh?, Mine weighs 375 without battery, will it be a lot? Sorry for the misspellings, I speak Spanish
Mine weighs 325 grams with everything even though I have added many 3D printed things to it.

Piotrsko

Master member
Printing things don't make them necessarily lighter. 325g will be a bit like a flying pig but should work if it launches ok.