Weird one - ailerons don't work?

The Fopster

Master member
I was going to maiden my first EDF today. But when I connected up the aileron Y lead to the receiver they were absolutely dead - no movement at all. But when I connected them to a servo tester they work fine. And if I plug a spare servo into the receiver the aileron channel works fine.

I'm baffled. Don't suppose the FT hive mind has any suggestions?

jfaleo1

try a different Y connector, Sounds like an open circuit.

I'm sorry. may have misunderstood, did you plug the Y into a servo tester? if so it is still possibly the Y, high resistance in the junction of one wire manifests with other items plugged in. But I'm not sure, still sounds like the next troubleshooting step.

Last edited:

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
let me see if I have the facts right:

- aileron servos work directly to the servo tester
- port on receiver was verified working
- aileron servos don't work through y-cable to receiver

if so, it sounds like either the y cable is bad or it is plugged in upside down

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I was going to maiden my first EDF today. But when I connected up the aileron Y lead to the receiver they were absolutely dead - no movement at all. But when I connected them to a servo tester they work fine. And if I plug a spare servo into the receiver the aileron channel works fine.

I had the same thing happen on Grifflyer's mini spitfire. I made sure everything was working with the servo tester, then I finished the build and plugged them into the receiver and I had no aileron control. I hooked it back up to servo tester and it didn't work this time although it had been before. I had to do surgery and replace the Y connecter and it's been working fine ever since.

Homey

Elite member

Is your esc opto? Or maybe just a bad one.
My two cents.

Peter