Weird things happening to my Tx and Rx...

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Hi,
I was setting up my electronics for my simple stick. I made a new model and selected it. Before I could select it told me that for my safety I had to turn off my rx. I did so and selected the model. When I powered up my rx it didn't connect. When I then selected the mini scout model it connected as if nothing happened. I have a Tgy-i6 transmitter. Here is a video of it.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
it probably had the RX bound to the profile, so you would need to rebind when you change profiles, if using the same receiver.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
So that means I'll always need to rebind? I've never had this problem before though.
No, you just bind once. Each model memory is connected to a separate receiver, so if you make a new model it doesn't know what to expect and you will need to bind that specific model. Think of it like this. A new model in the tx is like a new tx. You have to bind the new tx before it works.

flyingkelpie

Elite member
No, you just bind once. Each model memory is connected to a separate receiver, so if you make a new model it doesn't know what to expect and you will need to bind that specific model. Think of it like this. A new model in the tx is like a new tx. You have to bind the new tx before it works.
So I can use multiple receivers on one plane or else use the same rx throughout all the planes?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
So I can use multiple receivers on one plane or else use the same rx throughout all the planes?
I'm not sure I understand the question. You can use the same rx in all planes as long as it is bound to all the the correct models. I'm not sure about multiple receivers in one plane though, usually you won't need more than 1.

flyingkelpie

Elite member
I'm not sure I understand the question. You can use the same rx in all planes as long as it is bound to all the the correct models. I'm not sure about multiple receivers in one plane though, usually you won't need more than 1.
I meant tx not plane :ROFLMAO: Saying multiple receivers on one plane makes no sense lol.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
on a multi model slot transmitter each slot actually has a slightly different transmitted GUI, (Globally unique identifier, an identifying number).
Each receiver also has its own GUI. During the bind process the Rx GUI is recorded by the transmitter and the Tx GUI is recorded by the Rx, (including the model slot number). When the Tx is on and not binding, the transmitter transmits its GUI, (including slot number), as the transmit source and the destination receiver GUI. This information is added to the required channel position information and the like.

Due to the almost one way nature of the transmission, (the receiver does not need to acknowledge the receipt of the transmission), it is possible that the receiver may not include "Slot" information in its GUI.

Generally one model with its own unique and bound receiver is bound to each slot in the transmitter that you use. If you are going to use a single receiver in many models then either use a cheap tx and rx without model slots, use the same model slot for every model and setup each model to fly using the same Tx settings or be forced to rebind each and every time you select a different model slot in the transmitter.

Have fun!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Im not sure about your particular radio but Opentx allows a user assigned bind code just for cases like this where you may want to use the same receiver but have different settings for use in different models.