Welcome New Moderators! Introducing a new group, Mentors.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who has been helping make this forum run so smoothly from the very beginning. When I found out this project was in the works, I asked Chad to let me help with it. I quickly found out there was more than I could do alone. Many of you guys really stepped up and in a short time, we have a very active community growing here.

This being said, I'm proud to announce our first set of Moderator staff.

bmsweb
Brian Fred Carr
JimCR120
PaulT

These guys are here to help you here on the forums. It's been decided that this forum will not be like others, with lots of rules, and penalties, and the like. Moderators are not a "life time" position. We will have a set duration of time that they will be asked to assist, and then they'll go back to being free of the responsibilities of being a moderator. We will then ask another group to take their place in helping with the day to day tasks that I used to take for granted as a regular user on various forums.

These moderators were asked to volunteer because they've been exceptionally friendly and helpful to other members. They will be the ones to notify if you find spam. If you accidentally posted a thread in a section, and you'd like it relocated to a more appropriate forum. And yes, in the hopefully rare occasion that there is someone being particularly unruly, either one of these three gentlemen, or myself can be requested to intervene.*

So feel free to look up these guys when you need a hand, or just to say thanks.

Now on to my other announcement. Flite Test was created by a person who had just recently started into the hobby. He sometimes found it difficult as a "newbie" to find the help he was looking for. The show was created with the intent to help the new pilot, and the forum is an extension of that philosophy. For those with more experience, this is a place for you to share your knowledge, to let the excitement of beginning hobbyists rekindle the same fires you felt when you were just getting started. With this mind, the crew of Flite Test wants to encourage, to point out, and to thank those forum users who take the extra time to help those just entering or even re-entering the hobby.

You can recommend people you think should be selected as Mentors here...

http://flitetest.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?82-Mentors

Another reason for the Mentor status, is to have a pool of people to turn to when it comes time for new moderators. This will help ensure that the people selected to help forum users, have a recorded history of being there when others need assistance.

Once again I find myself thanking so many of you for your help. It is with the most sincere appreciation that I do this.

Thank you for making this forum what it is, and for your continued assistance in providing a community that helps share this great hobby with others.

Fred Provost

*As has been mentioned, there will be limited moderation on this forum. Treat each other with respect. If a user is being disruptive to a degree it's interfering with the enjoyment of other forum users, the posts from that user may be relocated to the "Behind The Field Shed" section. We don't expect everyone to get along all the time, there will be heated discussions, and we will not discourage that. In fact, we enjoy a good debate. The "Behind The Field Shed" will be the area where the more aggressive conversations will be held. Stronger language will not be moderated there, as long as you're not being insulting to the other users, hence the need for a password, to keep people from accidentally stumbling in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Fred,
You do a wonderful job of articulating what I mean to say.
Thank you!!

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
I have only been on your forums for a short time, but I will say that from what I see and read, this is one of the best RC sites around today.
And as far as the forums go, it has to be the friendliest I have ever had the pleasure to belonging to. I hope I can get to the point of being experienced enough to be considered an asset here in the forums.
Until then, I am thirsty for all the knowledge I can get!

Thanks for having a great site and exceptional group of people, you guys are the best!

earthsciteach

Somehow missed this post, Fred. Thank YOU for the efforts you put into this great forum! And thanks to flitetest (Chad, Josh, Josh, David and the crew) for putting forth such a well produced, informative and entertaining show. I look forward to Mondays and Wednesdays to see what comes next.

What I really enjoy about this forum, not that is unique to this one alone, is that this it has a very international base. And the techno-know how on this site is amazing. I probably would never have put much thought into fpv were it not for the flitetest forum.

I can't say enough about the freedom of "limited moderation." If anyone knows me from another site:black_eyed:, I like to engage in conversation of those with different viewpoints than my own. I don't try to tell them they are wrong. I don't try to say I am right. I enjoy a little conversation about viewpoints based on what individuals believe to be true. In my opinion, for what its worth, having discussions about different beliefs, opinions and viewpoints in a mutually respectful manner is essential. (And THAT seems to be sadly missing in the good ole' U.S. of A. these days.) I hope that, with today's ability to communicate with individuals from different nations, holding different religious and political beliefs, we will finally realize that we are all the same at the core of the heart.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I can't say enough about the freedom of "limited moderation." If anyone knows me from another site:black_eyed:, I like to engage in conversation of those with different viewpoints than my own. I don't try to tell them they are wrong. I don't try to say I am right. I enjoy a little conversation about viewpoints based on what individuals believe to be true. In my opinion, for what its worth, having discussions about different beliefs, opinions and viewpoints in a mutually respectful manner is essential. (And THAT seems to be sadly missing in the good ole' U.S. of A. these days.) I hope that, with today's ability to communicate with individuals from different nations, holding different religious and political beliefs, we will finally realize that we are all the same at the core of the heart.

That was one of the main points discussed when this forum was in the works.