Welcome To FT Extra!

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
FT Extra is officially live on FliteTest.com!
You are very close to seeing 50+ FT Extra episodes!! (Over 2 hours of content.)
www.flitetest.com/extra/subscribe

In case you don't know what FT Extra is, it is our effort at making a FliteTest video available Monday-Friday. Monday and Wednesday will be our regular release on our normal channel and FT Extra is for people who consider themselves part of the Flite Test community. Tuesday-Thursday-Friday we will release a behind the scenes video that gives an inside look at what's coming up and sometimes even a look back at footage that was never released.

The FT Extra portion of the site will be donation based so you can choose to give a monthly donation or a one time donation to keep the content going. Of course you also have the option to skip the donation part and still enjoy the content. Though this is what most people would consider a "subscription only" area for most websites, it was really important to us that kids are able to view the content, people that can't afford a subscription can still participate etc. So instead of a subscription model, it's a donation model. The more that is donated, the more we will be able to do with more features, more content etc

For testing purposes we need you folks to explore as much as you can of the whole area of the site. We are especially interested in the sign up process and the clarity and functionality of that.

Thank you so much and I really hope you enjoy the videos as much as I do!
I've been secretly thinking of this as our little Christmas gift to the Flite Test community, so Merry Christmas :)
www.flitetest.com/extra/subscribe

In the other two threads in this section, please alert us to any bugs you may find and let us know what your favorite videos are!

-Austin

Christopher14

Driftin' with the wind...
Thanks for the update Austin, I was wondering what was going on when FT was the featured author and I found two FT Extra videos.:)

earthsciteach

My favorite two videos both involve the launching of sailplanes. The young Bixlers using rubber bands with Peter's help and your (Austin's) dog providing the high-start. Pure gold!

BanditJacksRC

I can only get the high tow with the dog video to work.. which is gold btw.. haha

Although I'm pretty sure it is just a browser issue on my end. My cheap office refuses to upgrade all of our internet browsers and I am unable to view alot of the FT site while I'm at work.. At least the forums work okay while I'm working! lol

The laser fire episode (#4) is intense. Thankfully it appears everything was contained before any more damage could occur. I wonder if the damaged planes were kept as mementos?

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
FT Extras is the gift that keeps on giving. I'm waiting for the exciting sequel to Max-Cam. Had me on the edge of my seat.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Donated!!! Just finished all of the videos, and thanks guys for sharing all of the great content. Looking forward to more!!!

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
How much of a donation will it take to get some raw B-17 footage?????? I kid I kid............but seriously folks........B-17......... ?

ResidualBacon

I love FliteTest, but having these videos on the site and not viewable from YouTube means that I'm probably not going to watch them. I need to be able to subscribe to them in YouTube.

I'm happy to give extra money to support the show, but do it through something like Patreon instead. Don't try to sort of hide things behind a paywall. I already support a lot of shows on Patreon and have been itching to do the same for FliteTest. Leave everything free and open to increase the community but give your biggest fans a way to say thank you.

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
I love FliteTest, but having these videos on the site and not viewable from YouTube means that I'm probably not going to watch them. I need to be able to subscribe to them in YouTube.

I'm happy to give extra money to support the show, but do it through something like Patreon instead. Don't try to sort of hide things behind a paywall. I already support a lot of shows on Patreon and have been itching to do the same for FliteTest. Leave everything free and open to increase the community but give your biggest fans a way to say thank you.

I know how you feel, but did u know that the donation is optional? Just side the bar to $0. They were never forcing a fee, just excepting donations. #GO HAWKS:applause:

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy

Kind of the crummy side of using things like Patreon or Kickstarter is the percentage they take for using those services....

-witt