Well, it USED to fly....... Maybe it will again?

Bigshow4u

Well, got some bad news. About 2 weeks ago I went flying and had several great flights all day dropping Nerf bombs and Nerf Dart bombs with streamers attached, just having some good ol fun with my son until....... the very last flight of the day. I noticed it was getting windy very fast and I was only 15 min into my flight. The wind was at about 5-8 mph when I took off. After 10 min it was up to 10-13 mph. When I finally decided that I needed to land it was above 15 mph with even higher gusts of over 20. I was coning in on approach to the runway at about 25 Ft up and at about half throttle just to keep it moving forward, then all of a sudden the wind DIED to 0. Lost lift immediately and BAM! Strait down into the ground. I thought that even at half throttle it would be fine if the wind did die but I guess I was wrong. It took me a couple of weeks to sit down and actually look closely at the plane since the crash. When it happened I just put the plane in my workshop and didn't even look at it till today. Most of the damage was to one of the main wings. The fuselage has some damage but very easy to fix but the wing is what will take the most time. When i first picked up all the pieces from the soy bean field i thought the plane was a total loss. BUT it is rebuildable so it will fly again!

P1030453.jpg

P1030452.jpg

P1030451.jpg

P1030454.jpg

Bigshow4u

Well, I am getting ready to make new wings for it. Winter is Definitely here so into the garage I go. I have come to the point where I have decided to make the new wings from foam. Just a lot easier/cost/time effective and give me a chance to make a "proto type" to hopefully push to market. I am changing the wind design to allow for a little more acrobat feel to it even though I liked the dihedral that was built into the wing which made it fly great. I just feel there may have been a little to much for me. So i will tweak that and also try to smooth out the fuselage to gain a little more aerodynamics.

I want to try to make this one of the best trainers/FPV/Bomb drop/you name it, type of platforms BUT it will be a long process and a lot of foam will probably be used this year so I hope Lowes is ready for me. I have a 5' hot-wire cutting jig made up and I still have a smaller trimming hot-wire to make.